PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:06 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Letter 1: Isabel to Esther

August 30, 1536

Dearest sister,

I understand perfectly about being busy. Your darling nephew keeps myself and my husband very busy. He cannot wait until we go on holiday and visit you and your husband. He does love his auntie in England very much. I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of his Majesty. He was a good king. You have mine and Fernando's deepest sympathies for your loss. My father-in-law, the Grand Duke, sends his regards. He says he and Tuscany have lost a dear friend. I wish I could be there with you right now. I send you all my love and do not fear. You shall make a great queen. If you show your people the same love you have always shown myself and our siblings, I believe the people of England will be in good hands. Stay strong, your husband will need you more now than ever before. Until we talk again.

Yours, always,

Isabel

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm 

Letter 2: Isabel to Esther

September 29, 1536

Dearest sister,

I have given little Cosimo many kisses from you. And you are very welcome. Our hearts are with you during this sad time. Fear not, little sister, for I know you shall make a great queen. Quit your mind and just listen to your heart. By doing that, I believe you will know what your people need from you. As for our brother, it saddens me to hear from Father what he has done. Father tries his best, but Richard is becoming a man and thinks he knows what is best. I would invite him here, but I fear a foreign land, far from the rest of our family, would not help him. Instead, it would only make things worse. I miss you as well. I am looking forward to Christmas, so I can see you in person. Remain safe and embrace the changes coming into your life, instead of fearing them.

Yours, always,

Isabel

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:38 pm 

Letter 3: Isabel to Esther

November 6, 1536

Dearest sister,

It will not be long before you can give him kisses yourself. It is hard to believe that soon it will be winter and that the Christmas celebrations will be upon us. I cannot wait to see you again. I am sorry to hear you have been ill. I trust the Court physician is taking good care of you. If I was there, I would make you the broth that Mother always made us when we were ill. I am sure his Majesty understands. Your husband appears to be caring man. I am sure he would rather you feel better. Perhaps, it would be wise for Richard to stay with you after Christmas. It seems to be that he needs a new location and to meet new people. I would invite him to Tuscany, but he does not know Italian and I think he would be too frustrated to learn. You know me, sister, I want very little other, other then the people I love to be happy. I hope your sitting goes fast for the painting. I know how awful it will be for you to sit still that long. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Yours, always,

Isabel

ImageImage