All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

This is the diary of Abi - A journal of sorts that she kept over the hundreds of years of existence.

8th September 1851

Today I decided that even though I'm now 18 and could change my line of work, I will stay. Mr. Winchester is a lovely man, and has always paid me well and been understanding. Even when things weren't so great for him. His wife, Mrs. Winchester was a lovely lady, and I was sad to hear of her passing. It must have been hard on him as he didn't speak for days on end. I could not begin to imagine the hurt of loosing someone so close. I remember when my grandmother died, and even though we had not been close, I still felt sad. I think that's the thing about death... you always feel like it's not the right time. But really when is the right time to die? The candle light is beginning to fade, and I am sure that daybreak will be along shortly. I could not sleep, for thinking about how it would feel to loose someone. I suppose the closest I have to that would be mother and father... but they simply can not die for a very long time yet.

I suppose I should go and get ready to begin work, it's something I actually look forward to and I know mother and father are in desperate need for the money. Times are hard for us all, but even more so now. I think even though things are hard, I feel like there's something good to come this way.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:24 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

12th September 1851

So, today was a rather sad day, one of the foals died. Even though I had tried my hardest to save it, there wasn't much I could have done. It had struggled from the beginning and had always been much of the sickly kind. Forever needing attending and seeing to. Of course there's not much medicine available, but I have found a way to use a basic method which seems to help the horses for the most part. Of course, that doesn't always work and this time I failed. I was scared of telling Mr. Winchester about it, even though he wasn't a harsh nor evil man … his livestock meant a lot to him. I thought about not telling him, and make it out like it must have passed in the night. But, one of the other stable hands noticed the foal. They threatened to tell Mr. Winchester, what really happened if I didn't go and own up. They're so sly I can't wait for them to leave. Of course, they're only there because their family need the money. For the most part though, it doesn't really make much difference. So, trembling with fear I made my way up to the front door, and knocked. The butler, Benjamin answered the door, and informed the Master of the house, that I had come to speak with him. It took a few minutes of waiting before he summoned me into his office, I was full of panic and fear, but I knew I could not falter. I explained to him what had happened, and how I had tried to save the poor thing, but it hadn't worked out. He was furious! I'd never heard him yell like that before, and I must admit it scared me entirely too much. I nodded solemnly and apologized once again about the lose of the foal and hoped he would still keep me on as a stable girl. After a silence of what seemed like forever, he agreed to keep me on, under the condition that I came for tea the next night. I wanted to decline so much, as I didn't think it proper for the stable girl to be having tea with the Master of the house… But I needed the money entirely too much. I agreed, and I only hope that it doesn't place me in an uncomfortable position.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace