All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:50 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I decided since I'll be using Cailean Mac a'bhaird for the writing exercise I have to do for my rehab classes I'll post them up here just so that they can be enjoyed by someone other then myself. That and because sharing is fun!

Anyways these are the journals of a 17 year old new Werewolf and his rather interesting discoveries. I'm going to use this to also develop the character further since it's just the beginning of his 'creation' and 'RP-life'.

His CS | +
Name: Cailean Mac a’bhaird
Appearance:
  • Eyes: azure blue
  • Hair: long and raven black falling to just over his shoulders in a wavy mess
  • Skin: a rich caramel with a deep natural tan
  • Build: fairly muscular the athletic build of an athlete maybe a weightlifter.
  • Distinguishing marks: A few scars along his arms. One particularly nasty scar that looks distinctly like a wolf bite on his upper right shoulder.
  • Wardrobe: prefering jeans and a t-shirt, he tends to dress casually and doesn’t much care about wearing suits or ties. In fact he hates them.
  • Lycanform: His lycan form is a cross between human biped and wolf. Long snout, thick black fur. Large amber eyes and claws that are rather long and nasty.
Personality:
  • Primary Motivator:
      Up until a few months ago Cailean’s only motivation was getting a scholarship and going on to a prestigious college to study some form of business while continuing his football career as far as he could. The business being his fallback in case he didn’t make it big as a football star. Being a quarterback Cailean was a typical jock in some ways, with an underlying heart that most didn’t see and fewer still knew. Extremely loyal and caring for his friends Cailean was a good friend to have and a worst enemy to make. Being from a rich family he was well to do and he tended to make friends easily if not for his money for his good natured laid back attitude to life and his energetic way. Preferring to settle scores over a game of football or baseball to a fight.

Now however three months after that fateful night where his life had hung in the balance Cailean only wants to survive long enough to find out where he belongs.
  • Core Traits
    • Emotional Disposition:
        Calm and excitable. Cailean gets very excited over things that interest him, but rarely does he get anything more then that. He isn’t a very emotional guy preferring sarcasm and snide remarks to showing how he truly feels.
    • Moodiness:
        Cailean isn’t a very moody guy. He really doesn’t display many emotions. Enthusiasm, excitement and sometimes anger. He doesn’t show much else. He internalizes a lot of his emotions. Preferring to appear tough as nails to showing his true feelings.
    • General Disposition:
      • Outlook: Neither optimistic or pessimistic he’s somewhere in the middle.
      • Integrity: Conscientious
      • Impulsiveness: Controlled
      • Boldness: Intrepid
      • Flexibility: Stubborn
      • Compartment: Agreeable
      • Interactivity: Engaging
      • Disclosure: Neither Candid nor Secretive. He is somewhere in the middle.
      • Conformity: Heterodox
  • Secondary Traits
    • Sense of humor: dry and sarcastic
    • Sexuality: undiscovered
    • Religion and Spirituality: Druidic/Pagan/Celtic
    • Habits and Hobbies:
      • Quirks, Habits, Oddities:
        • Facial tics
        • Name dropping
        • Coin Flipping
        • Substance Use (Coffee addict)
        • Snoring
        • Superstitious
      • Hobbies and Enjoyments:
        • Gaming (computer/console games)
        • Martial Arts
        • Ancient world cultures/myths
        • Sports
History:
Born in a small town to a wealthy family Cailean is the third child and only boy of Abigail and Loghan Mac a’bhaird. Cailean’s two older sisters are: Maire and Grainne Mac a’bhaird. For the whole of his life Cailean has been your average American boy, though his father Loghan is from Ireland and still very Irish in his beliefs and lifestyle Cailean has taken on a more American life style, vocabulary and interest stream. All except his interest in the supernatural and paranormal world. He is strangely obsessive of learning old mythology and ancient customs and more specifically he believes in all things weird and unusual. Like his father before him Cailean studied the ancient world religion of the celtic druids and fancies himself well educated.

It wasn’t until three months into his 17th year of life that Cailean was attacked one night by a lycanthrope and after recovering from the near death experience realized he too was now infected with the disease and his morbid curiosity became a real life crisis.

The once typical jock who enjoyed football and a circle of popular friends was now part of a whole new world that he knew next to nothing about. His friends slowly began to find him strange and unusual and though he was able to blame most of his changing behavior on the attack that had left him in the hospital for a month fighting for his life not all of the changes could be placed at that door. His senses permanently heightened the change a thing of will rather then commanded by a full moon left him with a connection to the wolf side of himself he didn’t understand.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:04 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

I woke up to find myself in a hospital. I had no idea how I'd gotten there, or why I was there. After a lot of freaking out I was informed, once calm of course, that I had been attacked by a giant wolf. This made no sense to me. I know our home is near a forest, but aren't wolves suppose to only attack when provoked or when supper starved? Yet I was still alive, and relatively intact. It was almost as if I'd been attacked for an entirely different purpose then to simply be food or to get rid of treat. It was more like i got into a fight with a wolf. Which didn't make any sense to me what so ever. However, what seemed to concern the doctors wasn't the strangeness of it all, but the fact I couldn't remember anything leading up to the attack or the attack itself. No one had any idea why I'd been found in an alley behind a bar in the middle of the city. Heck I didn't even know. So here I am confused about the injuries more then about my lack of memory and I'm told 'write about it'. Anyone else think doctors are strange folk?

Ok so I'm suppose to write down all my dreams, memories and thoughts, leading up to the attack and anything else I can remember. I'm basically like, sure why not. Because you know not knowing works for me. Honestly I don't really want to know what happened. I just want it over.

Oh another fun little fact, I've been stuck here in this hospital in some kind of coma for about a month now. I'm at a loss for explaining that one. So what am I going to do now. I'm going to try and see if I can't figure out what happened so I can get the doctors to leave me alone about my lack of memory while I focus on trying to get t he hell out of here and back to my real life.

I used to say I liked the supernatural, but really I'm not so sure I like anything unusual now. I think normal works for me.

And here is everything I remember of that day.

---

I'd been sitting on the swings in the small park about six blocks from my house, thinking about the upcoming football game and trying to get my mind into the game. Lately my mind and been more focused on the stories my father told my sisters and I around the fire at night. This one particular tale about Werewolves. My dad called them Lycanthropes. It was an old tale that told of beings whose soul was blended with that of the wolf and thus were not one being but two. That their bite when sustained on a full moon would create the blending of the spirits by binding the tattered human shell to a wolves spirit who was wondering in the planes of Faerie. This like all the other tales captivated my imagination.

I'd been trying to envision what these creatures would look like when Joshua showed up at the park. Josh was an old fried and fellow football player on our team. We exchanged jokes and casual teasing and harangued each other over who was the worst catch. Then we decided to prove we were better then the other by going at it. Yah ok were boys. We raced each other down to the football field located next to our school one block over and were starting to do wild throws and pretending we were stars. It was fun and we laughed so much as we did crazy things. It was late by then, the sun was setting and Josh had to head out. I told him I'd head out myself and he left. I didn't leave though. As the sun set I lay down on the grass and watched the stars. I knew dad would be angry, but I liked it outside. I enjoyed how the sky even in the city of my youth still showed me the stars however dim.

I don't know how long I lay on the grass, but it was well into midnight by the time I realized I was still lying in the grass, cold and rather confused as to why I'd found it smart to fall asleep here. I rose and started heading home. And this is where everything goes fuzzy and turns white until I woke up again in the hospital to be told I'd been attack by wolves.

---

Well this was a useless endeavour. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more things to remember. Considering all I have as entertainment is watching whatever the nurses put on TV.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace