All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

(This is a post from my chatroom roleplay with my girlfriend where we're writing a somewhat sad story. This is my character thinking back to his childhood)

"I was quiet early in my school days when I first saw a girl who was, in my eyes, exceptional. She always had flowers around her, and every once in a while I couldn't help but let my eyes wander to look at her. She seemed perfect, but just as fragile as the flowers she loved. I wanted to talk to her, but it was difficult. One time, when I was trying to get away from the grouo, I snuck behind the school. She followed me, and I finally had the courage to speak with nobody watching but her. She was the closest thing I had to a friend for the longest time. Soon after, she transferred out of my school, leaving me with a bracelet she always wore to remember her by. Things fell apart without her around. My sanity was continually tested as people bullied me constantly and, on many occasions, beat me up after school had ended. Another boy I met taught me how to defend myself, and I abused the ability once I acquired it. The kids who had tormented me couldn't touch me anymore. I felt invincible, and I stayed friends with this boy until he moved away after his father was killed in action. I was alone again. A few years later, SHE returned... different, but still the same amazing girl I remembered. She never seemed to notice me though, almost like she didn't remember me. We continued down separate paths, mine toward delinquency, hers toward success. I barely scraped by, doing the bare minimum work in school, while she maintained her incredible grades, balancing it with several extracurricular activities. I drifted further and further away over time, and then the high school years began. My own personal hell."

(The next part goes into the aforementioned high school years)

"When I first heard that Taya was back, I couldn't believe anyone. This was just another cruel trick created by a few sadistic teenagers to speed my descent into madness. She was long gone. And yet... something made me hang on to the bracelet. Something made me hope. I had been unable to connect with anyone, all of the females showed no interest in a foolish delinquent still stuck on his childhood crush. And then I finally saw her. She wouldn't look my way. I thought she forgot me. But I still couldn't get rid of the gift she had given me so long ago, in hopes that she might realize it was still me. She wasn't the same, either. She was drawn to one of the jocks, big and dumb as usual. A lance of pain pierced my heart ever time I saw them together. Every time I saw her change for his amusement. The one time that I worked with her, our conversation was awkward. She questioned why I was always gone, and I had to be honest with her for old times' sake. In as few words as possible, I told her my story. "I don't belong here. I haven't for the longest time. I don't show up when I can avoid it." At that time, I had a barely healed cut across my cheek from a few days prior, when I had finally snapped, throwing the first punch at Garrett. He had friends with him. I was outnumbered, and one of them had a ring, which left its mark. I had barely made it home that day to clean up. My parents were out, as usual, probably drinking. I didn't want to take up their time. They didn't even listen anyways. The voicemails from the school all went to my number. My grades suffered. "Long story short, I got in a fight." I told her, not wanting to reveal who it had been with. At that point, I continued to work in cold silence."

(And the final part of the high school years, up to present day in the roleplay)

"She changed again, a much stranger change. She dressed like she was freezing, regardless of the weather. She even looked different. She started wearing glasses. Then, one day, she disappeared. She was gone for a full week, and I constantly heard the jocks talking about her. Saying they couldn't wait for her to come back. Garrett always had this cocky smirk on his face when he saw me, and I would clench my fists, forcing myself to walk away. When she finally reappeared, she stayed as far away from me as possible. I thought it was something I had done or said. Maybe she finally realized that I was a worthless loser and decided to break away from me before it could rub off on her. I didn't know for sure. I felt miserable. She was so close, but I had lost her all over again. One day, I just snapped. I caught him on his own after hearing him refer to Taya as "a lying slut" and we fought. Neither of us truly won, I came away with injured ribs and he walked away with a broken nose. I got--
hit with so many detentions that I was basically taken for the rest of the semester. Even that wouldn't stop me. If he talked about her like that again, I'd do more than break a few bones. I'd end his pathetic existence. The scenario played out in my head a thousand times. I'd leave him bleeding on the floor and she would finally come back to me, and I'd tell her what I hadn't been able to before. When I sat down for detention, my heart nearly stopped from the surprise I felt seeing her waiting as I burst through the door ten minutes late. I couldn't tell whether I should be happy or miserable. I didn't know what she thought of me, if she even still cared at all. Did she still remember the ring of blue roses I kept around my wrist even to this very day, hidden under my jacket?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace