All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:17 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The journal of Wily the rogue. Interstellar explorer.

Entry 1 | +
So... I've heard about these things from a fellow explorer in the outpost recently. He said 'all great explorers write a journal of their adventures.' So, this is mine. I asked the guy, I think he was an apex or something. I asked him how one would go about writing a journal. He said 'you need to write it as if you are narrating it to someone.' I reckoned that was a bit of a strange way to write, but anyway, that's what I'm doing right now.

I'm writing this from my desk in a base I built on the barren and desolate planet SAIL identified as Gamma Albalive V 24. Quite a strange name if you ask me, but I'm not one to question those darn computer Ais.

The base in question is still something I'm working on. I often tell myself 'today will be the day I'll make some real progress.' But so far, I haven't come much farther than a single room with two bunkbeds and some lockers. I just managed to cram in a table so I can write this on something, but that's about the extent of space I have. There's a hallway I'm digging out right now, but I constantly find myself running out of iron to make walls from. I suppose I should go on a deep mining trip again, but... those are so dreadfully boring. Especially with the whole galaxy of wonders out there to discover. I suppose that second room will be done in novakid time.

ATTACHED FILES. A snapshot of the current base

Entry 2 | +
Today, I decided to go after the much needed iron I mentioned previously. I fired up the FTL engines and flew the old lady over to a nearby forest planet. SAIL identifies the planet as being named Alpha T Cen Majoris I

It's your typical Heavily forested world. Trees everywhere, the occasional wildlife. Sometimes benign, oftentimes not so. Luckily, I broughrt my trusty repeater with me. The thing is quite the bit of craftsmanship. It uses some sort of internal battery to load itself with hardlight or something... I've forgotten the details. But it basically reloads itself.

So, I walked around for a while until I found a spot that seemed promising. I then dug into the earth. Soon enough, I encountered some metals. Mostly nuggets of copper and coal. Though there was also the occasion vein of iron. It wasn't long however, when I encountered quite a curious sight. A subterannean lab, manned by an apex scientist of some kind. Unfortunately, he wxasn't too keen on seeing me. He fired at me the moment I showed my face. The bullets mostly pinged off the steel plating underneath my clothes, and I retaliated in kind. His labcoat didn't give the same level of protection it seemed.

After I finished dispatching the doctor. I decided to search through his lab. The walls seemed to be made of steel, so I started tearing them out to add to the base. It wasn't long until I realized they were slightly off color however. It was just enough to make them horribly mismatched with the walls of my base. So I stopped after dismantling a good chunk of the entryway. The lights on the ceiling interested me however. They seemed quite portable and subtle. Something I would quite like in the hallways of my soon to be grand base. So I pulled one off the ceiling for scanning into SAIL's 3D printer.

My search also turned up quite an interesting find. An automatic gun of apex design. A quick scan revealed it to be rather more effective than my steel repeater. So I swapped them out. Some field testing later, and I found my new favorite gun. At least until I can scrounge up something even better.

After the looting however, I found myself quite curious as to the late scientist's agression. His computer was password locked to high heaven and back, and the rest of the furniture in the lab didn't inform me of much either. Perhaps I will find answers about this at some point in the future. I also dug through the attached bedroom of the lab. It didn't come up with anything either.

I dug around some more, and after finding nothing of note after this incident. I decided to return to my ship for a well-deserved rest.
ATTACHED FILES:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace