My heart as dry as dust.

I closed my lids, and kept them close,
And the balls like pulses beat;
For the sky and the sea, and the sea and the sky
Lay like a load on my weary eye,
And the dead were at my feet.

by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
The Rime of the Ancyent Mariner, 1798

Eternal Father, Strong To Save (The Naval Hymn)

OOC: This Diary belongs to an Italian Sea Captain during WWI and WWII -
The journal is written in English and shall contain record of recent events,
paranormal encounters; personal thoughts and strange experiences of the mariner, be
it in the open sea, out in the world or on Nazi grounds. This character is part of a WWII Dark Fantasy RP:

If the character crosses over, new entries will be added.

Last edited by WildSpawn on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Written on the ship
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:18 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

13 December, 1939
12:05

We're still sailing...

I have scheduled some time off, to visit family and friends in Germany. I have not had a vacation for twenty-four months. That is two years....
I cannot complain. I enjoy being out there, sailing, like a free man...a chance that not many people were given in these times of war although I wish...
I truly wish I was out there, with them... but at the same time, i would be contradicting myself to say that I do not feel very pleased concerning our alliance
with Germany. I wonder if we will regret such a decision in one of these days. I hope not. Germany and us are reflecting common interest in destabilizing the
European order. What a great way to dehumanize the human race. It is sickening

About fourteen days ago, SS-Fuhrer Himmler began deportation of Polish Jews.

I find this sickening.

In the past few years, the national participation of the German Jewish in public life became limited. Adolph Hitler had revoked their civil, legal and
political rights from them and began to isolate them from the rest of the citizens who qualified to be ''Aryan'' of blood. They were expelled from their own
professions and from commercial life. I found myself thinking about these families... Saddening...

Only recently, it became a requirement of the Jewish community to carry identity cards that indicated their Jewish heritage.... As I am writing this, I
find myself to be thinking of Myra, her sister and family. I hope to find
them in good hands. Porca troia! I must get to Munich as soon as possible.

Last edited by WildSpawn on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Written on the ship
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

13 December, 1939
15:30

SS Conte di Savoia shall be arriving to Naples in couple of hours.

The voyage back from New York was marvelous, amazing. A success... Ahhh.. unlike our transatlantic journey to New York a month and half ago.

I am grateful though.

These Americans were interesting. They have a different taste in everything than the rest of us Europeans... music, fashion, food, culture... I mean, it takes one
to visit in order to see for themselves.

Ah! I forgot to mention that Cole Porter's musical "Du Barry was a Lady" premiered in New York six days ago. I have been eager to assist this Broadway musical... a burlesque
in gorgeous finery, unfortunately we were already sailing away and on our way back to Italy... perhaps another time.

Last edited by WildSpawn on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:34 am 

limits are a mindset

Subscriber

13 December, 1939
22:48

I shall spend the next couple of nights here, in the Grand Hotel Vesuvio.

As I am writing this, I find myself enjoying this gorgeous... warm... floral scent in the air... Mhm, and fruity notes.
I wonder where it's coming from. But I think... it must be coming from the direction of the table across from me.

A very strange presence indeed. Her hair is cut in a fashionable short coiffure and lightened to a pale grayish-white.
Her nails and lips, the color of blood... her skin, white as snow... I cannot see her eyes...hiding behind a pair of black shades.

Champagne... she must be drinking champagne.
Yet I feel her staring at me. It is making me uncomfortable. I do not like her presence.... at all.
I hope that this journal serves one day and after I am gone, as a tangible piece of evidence of what I have witnessed in my years of service
in the Regia Marina...

Until then, I must make sure that I keep it safe. I threw away my previous diaries into the sea five months ago.
I wish I did not. But it's alright. I still remember it all. I could write it again. All over again...