All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: At Zasha's Forge (Open)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:39 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The Festival was over, and Zasha was spending her time once again in her forge at RyDauge. Not as much business went on as it would if she was in the well known Cinder and Ash market far from RyDauge itself. Though that was probably one of the reasons she did not leave. She liked the peace, and at the end of the day, she did not think he could bring herself to abandon the place left to her by her previous mentor. Plus anyway it was good to have such a place in a city like this, if there was an attack for whatever possible reason, she had plenty of weaponry after all. She chuckled at the thought, but quickly grimaced to herself at the thought of innocent blood and death. Zasha ran her iron claws against one another for a moment and got up from her bed. She then moved to slip on a simple shirt worn by most female wolves at Akamu along with her iron grieves and leather boots. Deciding she was not very hungry, she grabbed her hammer form the table and went outside. After she closed her door, she put her hammer on the anvil without any real grace and leaned on her door frame, crossing her arms. After that Nezumi had left but a few months ago, she had not been more forward about her want to stay away from others on personal matters. If you were at her forge, it was for business... not even Marcus had come around recently.

She had tried her best to forget about that Nezumi. To go on with her life, but she always thought back on the subject. When she did, it seemed Marcus had been there to take the verbal abuse. Zasha did not take being left behind well... even if she knew it was going to happen. She felt a pinch in her arm, and just realized her iron claw had pierced her fur and skin. She released her own arm, and shook her head while she moved forward and leaned on her anvil. Zasha trying her best to remember what needed to be crafted today and for who it needed to be crafted for. It was getting better though, the wolf was finding that on this second month she was accepting the Nezumi's leave. Her ear twitched "Maybe today I can leave that all behind me and get some work done..." Zasha found herself sighing aloud.

Smoke pillared upwards into the sky as Zasha started up the smithy.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 am 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

As usual the Badger was out and about with his guard though they, as usual, kept their distance from him. It was hard enough to be who he was and dwell within the kingdom. The citizens knew who he was by a simple glance and treated him reverence, less like the simple Badger he wished himself to be treated. Walking stick in hand, the warmth earth of the ground comforted him and made him feel more connected to those around him. Everywhere he could feel the life of the kingdom in the bodies of her people as they moved to and fro through the city that was one of their most prized possessions. He could see people as they went about their business, many of them bowed their heads to him, in a sign of respect which he was happy to return.

The road turned down a small alleyway and he took it, the paths of the whole Kingdom familiar to him and he wanted to take a trip down past a few of the blacksmiths who worked in this part of the Kingdom. They were often off the beaten path of the main roads, one of the Segways that were meant to break up attacking forces and allowed the people of Akamu to disappear quickly should they need to while they fell back to the inner sections.

Smoke...on the airdrew his attention. The familiar smoke of a forge which he was more than happy to approach. None of the precious blue ore would be here, but all of the other ores would be present. The ones he used to work with until he was chosen to become one of the scared smiths of the kingdom. At times, he definitely missed the work from old, when he merely made weapons for the Kingdom and for those who wished to order them. Custom pieces that would require intricate metal work and hours upon hours of time. As he drew closer he honed in on a female wolf who was behind her anvil.

"May the Gods bless your next strike," he said in the customary greeting one Smith gave to another. "How is the day treating you so far?" he asked once he stopped a measure away, his walking stick allowed to rest lightly on his shoulder while he spoke.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:45 am 

Zasha hammered down on the iron she was crafting, unlike earlier, her movements were now graceful and full of vigor. What was once a solid peace of unrefined iron started to look more and more like the sword blade it was meant to be. Her eyes followed every strike, and every time the blade cooled and heated. The more beautiful it became come the stroke of the hammer. Her work kept her thoughts in check, and kept her heart at ease. This city raised her, and her mentor shaped her. This metal would bend to her every whim and shape to what she wanted because in her mind- she was the metal and the metal was her.

She swung her hammer a final time. "May the gods bless your next strike-" a voice said just as her hammer hit, and just like that it seemed the gods indeed had blessed it as bright sparks flew about. The voice was one she knew, but it was one that still surprised her to hear. "-How is the day treating you so far?" the black and white badger spoke. Zasha turned her head and quickly returned the greet, soaked the heated metal and put down her hammer. "Well it was rather dull and boring, but now that the great master blacksmith Axton is here. So I would say it has definitely improved much" Zasha said. She took a step toward the railing on her smithy and leaned on it, looking intently at the badger. Zasha was pretty embarrassed and amazed he had come out all this way along the streets.

Zasha would have preferred if she could just attend to business matters, she was never the social one- but a master blacksmith was a different story. That and it was Axton, he had lived in RyDauge much longer then she had been born. In the end they both started there lives in this city and both loved metal and shaping metal. If she were to sum it all up in few words, she would say that she had nothing but respect for this Badger. Zasha tapped her right hands index claw against her thumbs claw. The iron making a very slight metallic noise as they collided gently. "How about you. Has your day been okay Master Blacksmith Axton?" she said. "Are you here on business?" she asked almost right after the first question, her head slightly tilting to the left. She was not the best at conversation, so she was kind of awkward and sometimes mistimed questions like she just had.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 am 

Owner

Axton smiled and shrugged his rather broad shoulders, the muscles needed to be a blacksmith ended up giving him a rather large build that he carried well. "I go where the mind takes me, or more where my feet take me," he chuckled and cocked his head to the side as some sound further off from where they stood caught his attention for a moment. Just as quickly as his attention had been had it was returned back to the wolf before him.

"I am ever on business, whether I wish to be or not," he said with a small sigh. "When you are Suteta, people tend to shy away from the friendly and social. Instead, they act as if the ground I walk on might just sprout forth the blue ore itself," another chuckle as he shook his head. "Even you are nervous or unsure with me, yes?" he asked his focus wholly on her, even if his eyes were covered with the leather band. He still had this way of making people think he could see them, even if he really could not. "Or, you could suffer like some other blacksmiths, in that you get so used to only working the metal and nothing else, you forget how to get along with people," he smiled once more and turned his head towards her work. "What are you working on? I can feel the heat but unless you allow me to touch it I will not know what it is that you are crafting."

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:18 am 

Zasha could not help but wonder about the somewhat distant Badger. He was definitely imposing, and despite his friendly nature. She had not one doubt that he could cut someone down to size with words alone. As he directed his attention to her once more, she could not help but clear her startled throat. After all, he had pretty much spoke exactly what she was thinking in that she was kind of nervous. What hit her the most had not been those words oddly enough... it was his comment about forgetting how to get along with people that really made her feel mystified. "It's odd, Master Blacksmith... you have lost your vision, yet you seem to be able to see what most people cannot" she said. Her voice somewhat shaky, but not so much with fear as it was amazement.

Looking over at the cooling blade, her nose twitched as her ear tended too. This time, it was out of disappointment for the unfinished work. It was not made from some high level material... it was definitely no steel. This iron blade was far from being one of her best pieces, as she had not even gotten to put any design on it and it did not even have a pommel or hilt. It was just a fraction of the finished beauty she had envisioned it to be. Of course, she put her blood, sweat and tears if it came down to it in her weaponry. No, it was more then that and more than even her art.. Realizing it was foolish to be disappointed in something she put her spirit into making. Her fingers touched the blade to see if it had cooled, and she grunted approvingly as she pulled the warm iron from its spot. As gently as could be, she wrapped it up only lightly in a soft cloth so it was easy to unravel and made her way down to Axton. "Master Blacksmith, raise your hands and you can observe the blade I was crafting by touch." Her voice shook just as much as before, but it was still surprisingly strong at the same time.

"I have been behind in my orders and there is no excuse for that, but I would never dream of putting any less work into any one of the things I create, because that would dishonor the blade and it's wielder and that would dishonor my mentors spirit." She shrugged her strong shoulders and spoke once more "Not to mention, I would not want to place any less work into it even if I had too." Hopefully Axton did not find her way of speaking odd, and she hoped he did not find her words about honor much odder in this context. It was how she was brought up by her mentor in the time they had known one another before the old smith had passed. It was how her thoughts were, so there was no possible way of changing that if even by a little. Zasha held out the wrapped blade for him, and took a deep breath. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she wondered how in such short time, such an anti-social wolf such as her could fall for someone... be left by them... then be confronted by a Master Blacksmith. The Master Blacksmith who was named Axton no less, her surprise running high despite living in the same city as him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 am 

Owner

The Badger gave another shrug, his focus on her once more as he seemed to gaze at her though the leather about his eyes would have prevented the process even if he had been still able to see. “More that I can…hear it? In your voice and being one of the craft as well, I know how it can be,” he looked toward the sky. “All around you is a city full of life, energy and passion. Yet, all you deal with is the cold of the metal. Sure, you have to heat it to bring life to it, but that does not stop the cold that returns. It heats and then cools under your touch, as if by some mystic and metaphorical representation of the ebb and flow of life. Hot and bright one moment, only to slowly cool as the trial and tribulations that we experience pound us, shape us into the people are come the end of our days.”

“Or, I am just getting old in the head and should get out more,” he said after a brief pause, his attention back on her once again as she presented what she currently worked on. As instructed he lifted a hand to touch the now cooled blade, nods given to her words while his hands explored the work on the blade.

“We are Akamu. We work hard, we live hard and we hope to die with great honor. For you to not do your absolute best would have meant you had lost your way and was no longer part of the family,” though the words were spoken with a serious edge there was no doubt to the kindness hidden there as well. “Now, as for this blade, the edge you have gotten so far is perfect and will forge into a sharpness that would make any warrior proud,” hand removed and he bowed to her with only his head. “Very nice,” were his final words on the matter.

“Once you are done for the day, what are your plans?”