All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 am 

Medals: 1
Best Couple (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was time. White Shadow knew exactly what she had to do, and she hated every aspect of it. She had to report in for work. This was something that none in her line of work could avoid, not when the Council was your boss. Luckily she could always choose who to report in to. While most of the Shamans who gave her work were, in kind terms, completely vicious individuals to her existence, the one she preferred was at least respectful. He actually treated her like everyone else, which often involved comments on why she didn't kill such and such in this way, or the lack of her use of blood magic. The general way in which he treated her was something she actually looked forward to, she could relax around him. At least as relaxed as her overly stressed mind would allow.

White Shadow walked softely through a particularly run down portion of the Scorched Fen, a slightly less marshy portion, and began to make her way down one of the many entrances to the catacombs, a torch now alight in her hand. As she took several steps into the underground haven of death she couldn't help but grumble. Even though she did like this shaman, the lengths she had to go to get to the Shrine were quite to her distaste. No matter how hard she tried she could never bring herself to enjoy walking through caverns of the dead and dying, not to mention the casual skeleton crunching beneath her feet. She was an assassin not a necrophiliac, and she was sure to let whoever designed the shrine to let them know.

After several minutes of what looked like no progress she finally stopped at what looked like nothing but another portion of the wall. She had almost missed it in her rush to get away a particurarly fresh corpse, most likely someone in debt to one of the local gangs. Placing her hand over the section of cold, stone surface she began to feel the slightest shift in texture. Undetectable by anyone who didn't know what to look for, and most likely even then would be unnoticeable. She had failed in the past to notice it due to its near nonexistence, but this was not one of those times. With a hard shove a shift could be felt in her entire body as the supposedly solid mass before her gave way, just enough for her to squeeze through. A faint glow emanated from inside the room on the other side, she was home.

Within a moment White Shadow was inside the Shrine, the door solidly closed and once again invisible to the naked eye. Looking to her right and left she noticed the same guards that were here last time. "I hope things haven't been boring since I was last here." As always no response was given in return. She had noticed before that she was, slightly, more talkative than the rest of her clanmates, but she didn't mind, it gave her more time to herself, something she never shied away from if she could help it. Making her way to the back of the room she could already see the outline of the nezumi she wished to see. As she made her way closer, mouth slightly open to request her next mission she noticed the smallest of movements in the corner of her vision. But what she felt sent ice through her veins. The presence of a Council member.

"Ah, excellent," the figure said, stepping forwards to stand closer to the center of the room. He spoke with a quiet, pleasant voice that was meant to sound disarming, but under the circumstances came off as more predatory instead. "I did travel here to attend a different matter, but I confess that I had been hoping you might have been available as well... White Shadow was your name, yes? The one I asked to watch over our reckless Patriarch?"

After the figure spoke White Shadow couldn't even move. Every fiber in her being roared at her to run. It was only the fact that she knew running would do nothing but get her killed that kept her still. Realizing she needed to respond, she gulped dryly before nodding slowly, "Y-Yes, my name is White Shadow, and that was my previous mission." A small bit of sweat formed on her brow, leaving a streak of flat wet fur down her face. Slowly, she turned to face the nezumi, doing her very best not to look direclty into his eyes. What shocked her was just how...average the Council member looked. He was obviously male but his overall look was just ordinary, nothing truly remarkable stood out about him. And that only made her more wary and terrified of the being before her, no one should look so indistinguishable, but he was, something so plain that it was unreal. "W-Would you care to hear my report?" She could barely speak her throat was so dry, but if she didn't she was afraid she might faint from the nightmarish scenario before her.

The councillor tilted his head to study her for a moment, smiling the entire time. "I enjoy hearing such news as soon as possible, but are you certain you feel well enough to deliver it? You look ill, miss," he added in a remarkably concerned tone.

Her whirlpool of fears froze at the change in tone coming from the nezumi before her. What? Scrabbling to respond, she shook her head slightly, wiping the drying sweat from her forehead before taking a more upright, but respectful stance. "No, Councillor, I am quite well. I am capable of giving you the report now. Though if there is another matter needing to be attended to, I can give it to you at your convenience." The smallest hope etched into her mind, Maybe he'll send me on my next mission quickly, get me out of here before I have a heartattack.

"Well then. Deliver your report, agent," he demanded authoritatively, his apparent sympathy giving way to an air of calculating professionalism. "Your timing is already very convenient, and I suspect that after such a short absence, even a record of events taken into exacting detail must be similarly quick to share. What was the purpose of the Grand Boss's visit to Akamu?"

"I frosted the cake with your tears. Delicioussssss~Sorrow-Drinker, the Observer"-Ganelon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace