All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ahoy hoy.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hi,

It's been a while since I putzed about one of these sites, and I've been going stir crazy for it. So, I did some searching about and found this one. Gave it a quick skim, and decided to jump aboard, see how things go.

I've dabbled in just about anything by this point. Fantasy (both High and Medieval), Modern (both supernatural and mundane), and Sci Fi. I've been a tabletop gamer for most of my life, since I was just a young'un punk teenager anyways and have tried a wide variety of system and settings. Big fan of the Wheel of Time series, as well as Steven Erickson's 'Tale of Malazan' series. I'll even admit to being a fan of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files (A fun, if decidedly light, read)and a handful of Warhammer 40K novels too. Anime. Big fan of Anime. Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist, Princess Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell, and a variety of other shows.

I'm Canadian, in Edmonton Alberta usually although I am currently somewhere farther afield. Well, that's enough of that. Time to roam the Boards a bit and start getting a feel for the place.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Ahoy hoy.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:02 am 

Medals: 5
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Welcome mortal, to the world where creatures of insanity roam free.
Where everyone has a race of their own.

Take me for example, I'm a shadow who can cast almost any spell.(No not really but its my other half)

3DS Friend code: 1762-3216-4894

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am 

Well, suppose I'll fit right in. Although I've no claims to any supernatural alternate selves. At best, I'm the classic Extra #1, the Soldier A of most any anime. The poor unfortunate who bites it proving the 'Threat' is real and murderous. The UN/JDF/other organization soldier that has to hold the Threat back until the power armour wearing/mecha piloting/magical power wielding main character(s) arrive to save the day. Such important lines as 'All tanks fire!' and 'Our weapons do nothing!'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 pm 
Savior

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome Rogue. I am Mercury; I'm also called Mercy. Creative freedom is a great place for you to express yourself. The members are fun and friendly.

I am sure that you will enjoy your time here and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask any one of us. Its nice to have you here. See ya around.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:21 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Hello and Welcome to Creative Freedom! Nice to have you here with us! I am pleased to welcome yet another gamer into our ranks, there are a couple of us who have done and still do table top rps. Little secret for you, I plan on putting a dice mod into the board for people to use to run tabletop like rps, but that our little secret. ;) Anyway take your time look around the boards and see how we do things here, if you have any Questions please don't hesitate to ask.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:22 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

Howdy! Welcome to CF! Hm.... what to say that someone else has not said.... ugh....

Oh I know!

The names Phantom! (I dearly hope no one has said that yet..... if someone has I am going to pound them!) :P

Well glad you made it here and I look forward to seeing ya around! So get settled in and enjoy the awesomeness that is CF!

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:44 pm 

Thanks for the welcomes and introductions, gang.

I'm hammering out a few RP ideas, and I suppose I might as well toss one up before heading to work. The prospect of walking down the mountain for breakfast is less then appealing, and since I've got boxes and boxes of rations and instant coffee just half way down, I think I'll go with that instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

I read a little bit of one of your roleplays, i like your style and i'll be looking forward to further works from you.

Aside from that, welcome to the site and hope to rp with ya soon!

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:45 am 

Thanks a million, Volatile. Looking forwards to getting into the full swing of things here. Just got to grind some of the rust off and get some ideas flowing.