All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:04 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hi everyone,

My name is Esther, and I'm very excited/terrified to be here! It's been a very long time since I've done this sort of online rp-ing, but since a friend referred me here, it seems like a great way to get over the occasional quarantaine boredom. I'm still quite nervous about how I'll fit in, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

I do have a lot of experience writing, primarily for my expansive Dungeons & Dragons setting, which continues to gluttonously gobble up most of my free time. Creating environments and lore comes a lot easier to me than writing more personal stories though, so I'm hoping to brush up on that a little here. When it comes to the types of tales to tell; there's a lot I like, but I tend to gravitate to magipunk and sci-fi settings, though I try to be eclectic in how to shape those. As for other likes: thunderstorms, sci-fi novels, the struggle for keeping houseplants alive, cats, alternative fashion, spaceships, abstract art, philosophy, dorky memes, girls, Pokémon plushies, Swedes with synthesizers, and video-game lore books sum me up pretty well, I think.

I think that's where most of my qualities end, so here's to hoping that they'll bring me some good experiences here. :3

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:22 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Hello Sableseer!

Welcome to Creative Freedom!

YAY a reference! By chance, who was the friend that referred you here?

Sounds like you'll fit in here perfect! Plus, we could use some new blood! Anyway, I'm Yue, a mentor on this site. I'm available for any questions or concerns you may have about the site or roleplaying. If you ever need any help navigating the site or needing to know where to get started I can point you in the right direction! Which, I will do so now, by pointing you to look over and read the Board Rules that way you know the rules before you jump in! Also if you have any questions regarding the rules, please let me know!

In any case, I really do hope you enjoy the site and stick around! If you'd like a good place to start, I'd recommend getting started on a Member Listing. We sort of call it a "Roleplay Resume", where you can list your interest and dis-interest about roleplaying. We find it helpful in showing other members what we enjoy and it goes a long way in finding a RP partner! You can even look through some of the other members' listings to see if you find a member of similar interest! You can also create your own Members Character Profiles. If you'd like a place to keep track of all the characters you create and would like to show them off, this is the best to do so! It's also another great way to see what other members create and can bring to roleplays!

There are several other awesome and cool forums to check out that are similar to the two above, and you can already check out the roleplay interest checks itself where people will post up in hopes of gaining interest in their ideas. Great place to look for roleplays to join!

I really hope you enjoy the site, and again (because I repeat myself like a broken record), please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!

Oooh, maybe you can give me some tips on how to keep houseplants alive. I tend to fail in this aspect but I got a basil plant I really want to live. Any tips would be appreciated!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Welcome here Esther :)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:51 am 

you catch more flies with honey but you catch more honeys being fly

Medals: 8
Best Entrance (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, Esther! I'm looking forward to seeing you on the boards. :]

_________Obscure__________Rules
__________Updates___________CF Guide
___________Contests___________Staff Contact
____________Ask the Staff________Posting Tutorial

__________Cirque du Creativité