All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey there. I'm Honey.

I'm a bored, lonely, love-starved, unmarried housewife with an empty love-life and no kids(and happen to be owned by a cat). I'm a professional writer outside of here and have a few novels self-published but don't have the same notoriety of other New York Times Best Sellers, unfortunately, but I live comfortably.

I'm a seasoned adult and on here and looking for in-depth, multi-paragraph/novella, long-term, romance roleplay that is 18+ but not necessarily NSFW. I'd like to marry romance Grand Admiral Thrawn in particular(weird tastes, I know), and I'm kind of picky about it. Because I've been unsuccessful finding a roleplaying partner before(believe me, different chat sites, Discord... This is the NINTH forum I have signed up within these last three days looking for this particular RP - and it's been over fifteen years since I've done forum RP!) and hopefully it works out better this round.

If not then... Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel.

Love to write, draw manga art, have an aesthetic for 80's anime/manga art(Haruhiko Mikimoto among others), I read Tarot and Oracle cards(and have been for ten years now), I study Wicca, the occult, High Witchcraft, Hermetism/Kabbalah/Gnosticism, ect. I'm Lunarian Wiccan by trade and have been recently been recruited by the Morrighan to complete a few contracts with her. I like to read. Music is a must. So much more...

Been roleplaying since 1999 when I first discovered the internet.

I hope I enjoy my stay here and I'm not too much of an annoying Mary-Sue for ya'lls to handle.

Peace.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 am 

you catch more flies with honey but you catch more honeys being fly

Medals: 8
Best Entrance (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

Oh. Oh, Honey. Please do not get me started on Gnosticism because I will actually not shut up. I think you will get along just fine here.

I'm Muse, one of the mods lurking about the site. You check a lot of boxes for me, I'm sure we'll get to know each other if you decide Creative Freedom is your flavor. There is so much I would like to say to your introduction but I'm finding it hard to phrase without making myself seem inadequate by comparison - so, that in mind, I'm just going to go ahead and say that you have a very colorful life and I am jealous of your publications. I'm on my way toward my first publication, myself, but I still have quite the way to go.

You've been around the block so I'm sure I don't have to say it, but part of my little spiel is telling people to look through the links in my signature below, such as the Rules, Staff Off-site Contact Info, the general Guide to the site - do it at your leisure, it's mostly common sense stuff, but it does give you a handy play-by-play as to what content goes where, sentence requirements per section, etc. I have a feeling I'll be seeing you around Alpha or the Cave.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you bring to the boards.

Cheers!

-Muse

_________Obscure__________Rules
__________Updates___________CF Guide
___________Contests___________Staff Contact
____________Ask the Staff________Posting Tutorial

__________Cirque du Creativité

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:45 am 

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Self-publishing is a whole 'nother ball game compared to traditionally publishing. With self-publishing you not only have to format your own books for publishing, find your own publishing house/printer, take care of your own copyright with the Library of Congress, and deal with your own marketing/promotion. Plus, you gotta have your own online presence you've gotta keep up with. There's more work there than with traditional publishers.

However, the benefits are that you get creative control(meaning an editor cannot completely chop up your work or tell you to change it entirely to what sells on the market - so you can write what you love and market accordingly), you don't have to worry about getting only 30% of royalties(or typically less with trad publishers)... With Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing you get 60% royalties. Not sure with other self-publishing houses, though - you'd have to look into that.

Because my bills are entirely paid despite whatever I make from publishing I'm not too worried if I'm extremely popular just yet. I just write what I love and then let things happen naturally. I wouldn't suggest giving up your day job or side gigs just yet until you get the whole publishing/marketing thing mastered and get a foothold in the industry before deciding making it a full-time job.

As far as Gnosticism goes - I could talk about that and the occult for hours, too, so you're not alone.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Gonna hop around the forums here and see if there's anything interesting or if I can find a spot to plop my little 1x1 RP AD I have in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:11 pm 

Did someone say "Occult"?

*Chuckle*

Hi there, Honey Bailey. Your name rolls off the tongue like a song. I could sit for hours, discussing the fine points of Witchcraft, Paganism, and the Esoteric Mysteries... I've been a practicing Pagan nearly all my life. Such topics are often classified "Strange" & "Unusual"... Thankfully, I, myself, am Strange & Unusual. I couldn't help but notice your RP Ad; until recently, I've been roleplaying on a Star Wars Forum. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I wouldn't mind giving such a story a try. I'm completely new here to Creative Freedom; drawn by some strange twist of fate, searching forums (like you) for a place to belong.

Do you believe in coincidence?

Drop me a line if you're still looking for a writing partner. That is, if you're not enjoying the latest rerun of Jeopardy. !snicker