All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Newbie Emerges
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:37 am 

Be prepared to lost your mind

Blog: View Blog (0)

I am new here and hope to be around the freedom of creativity for a while. So, here goes nothing.

I've been roleplaying for about 12 or so years. I wasn't the best whenever I first started but with the help of some friends, I learned how perfect my writing abilities. Though, no one is truly the best or perfect, right? I started roleplaying when I was 16 on a chat server but my friends left while I stayed behind and roleplaying on there hasn't been the same. Since then, I've been writing through the forums, both regular and adult, and the stars aligned as to where I met some of my old friends on them. I've been writing on the forums for about 9 or so years and some of the sites have shut down while others are still quite active as I hope this one is, too. I just really want to broaden my skills elsewhere, to be perfectly honest.

If you want to see my best writing then you should see me in these genres: romance, modern, medieval or historical, superpowered and certain fandoms. Though, with fandoms, I prefer creating my own characters for them and just using the universe along with whatever plot we collaborate on together. There's also probably more genres but that's all I can think of now. I am big on collaborative plotting as not one person should be doing all of the work by themselves in roleplaying.

Wow. This seems like a request thread mostly. Sorry about that and uh, I am unsure what else to add as I am terrible at introductions. Oh! Guess I could add that I am a homosexual male but write as males and females respectively along with all sexualities. I do not prefer one gender over the other. I also tend to be polite, respectful, kind and just all things nice to everyone that I come across. I don't think I have a mean bone in my body although, I am sure I do hardly almost never shows it.

Okay, think that I am finally done. If you have any questions or concerns(please don't have any concerns. lol) then feel free to voice them below. Hope to chat and write with you all soon! Also, apologies for the length in advance. I usually do really long introductions because I like to ramble. A lot.

Apologies if this isn't the place for it but how do I apply to become a mentor? I have enough forum experience and already took a gander around this forum, too. It's just always been my forum roleplaying dream to be a mentor on a site such as this.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: A Newbie Emerges
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Hi and welcome to Creative Freedom! I am Yue, the blue named, partner in crime, and second half of the Strike Team Delta and Blue-Green Team along with my good and green-titled friend @Asterous ! The blue named me is also known as a Mentor which means that I am here for any questions and concerns you may have about the site or roleplaying in general. Or if you just want a new face to chat with, I'm available too! I can help you with navigating the site or even help you get started and find a roleplay partner!

Just a quick reminder if you haven't done so is to make sure you've had a read over the Board Rules and do let me know if you have any questions or concerns about them.

Truth be told I love questions directed my way so if you ever do have any I am more then willing to answer them haha. Also the great Aster (Asterous) is also available as they are just like me and love questions as much as I do.

A suggestion that I recommend doing as a new member to our lively site is also setting up a RP Resume of sorts on our Member's Listings. It's a great way to give people a good idea on what your RP tendencies and likes/dislikes are so to help better find a roleplay partner. You can even browse through to find a roleplay partner that fits your same RP likes!

Anyway I'll stop rambling, but because I am a broken record, if you have any questions or concerns about anything or just need someone to chat don't be afraid to reach out to me! Welcome again and happy writing!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:50 pm 

@Yue
Thanks for the welcome and helpful links! I've already browsed through the forums that were available to me and think I'll be happy to nest here for a while. c: I'll get to uploading my resume soonish. Thanks again! ♥

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Errr...Aster. I'm Aster. Although as Yue put it, the great Aster works fine too XD.

Titles aside, welcome! We're glad you're here! As was also said, I love helping people so please don't ever hesitate to send a question or several my way!

As you'll likely learn, I'm a sucker for adding roleplays to my list, so if something catches my eye, or you just want to try out an idea, I am all for hearing it! =D

I hope you find the place to your liking, join lots of roleplays, and make many new friends!

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm 

@Asterous
OMG. I love Big Hero 6! How could you not cry at the end?

But thanks for the welcoming! I'll be sure to ask you questions and send you my ideas, which I probably already have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am 

Welcome! I hope you enjoy you stay here! I'm not sure how to become a mentor, but nine years?? Holy moley, bro

I hope to see you around! Maybe we'll even find ourselves in an rp together, although I'm already intimidated lol

Have fun, yo!

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:04 pm 

QuiteContrary wrote:
Welcome! I hope you enjoy you stay here! I'm not sure how to become a mentor, but nine years?? Holy moley, bro

I hope to see you around! Maybe we'll even find ourselves in an rp together, although I'm already intimidated lol

Have fun, yo!

It's quite alright. I've already received the PM that answers that question. c: Yeah, nine years going on ten. I am really dedicated to the forums.

Here's to hoping! No need to be intimidated, I am really easy going. Even in a roleplay.

Thanks! Hope to see you around, as well! :)