All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello all!
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello to all here, and here's hoping this finds you all well.

I've been RPing on various sites for the better part of ten years, but of course there is always something left to learn and new people left to meet.
First of all a word of warning, I am a G.I.R.L; a guy in real life: I'm perfectly happy to RP a male character, but generally I find they turn into me with a different haircut or accent, and frankly that just doesn't hold a lot of interest for me any more! As a result I tend towards playing characters that are anything other than male, but again, exceptions can be made. I am to all intents and purposes pansexual however, so I really do not mind what other characters mine interact with.

I've come here primarily in the hopes of historically-inspired, low fantasy, or sci-fi RP, but for the most part I'll take anything I can get. For the most part I prefer original universe or historical settings, but there are a few canon universes I'd be able to play in, and some of the broader ones like Star Wars have so much scope for expansion it's almost a free sandbox with lightsabers in, which is always cool.

I'm English, living in Scotland, with a full time job and a lovely wife, so please note as well that there will be times where real life will get in the way.

Always friendly to messages or anything of that nature, so feel free to say hi!

Characters~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Hello all!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome to CF, Vigdis! Your one stop shop for all things roleplay!

We've got fantasy, history, sci-fi, and everything in between. With as wide a range of interests as we have here, you're bound to find something of interest. Just taking a look through the Member Listings can prove that true!

But before you go bounding off to join every roleplay out there, and then some, make sure to read over the Rules. Any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to either myself or my fellow partner of many names and assorted titles, @Yue! We'd be happy to help you out, and not spin you around once back on track.

We're here to answer all your questions, point out rare artifacts, and exchange arcane knowledge for assorted gifs and funny stories. Okay...maybe not that last part, but the gifs and stories are always accepted and much appreciated. =D

All that said, I hope you enjoy your stay, get wrapped up in an assortment of roleplays, and get sucked into all the craziness that calls this place home. Happy writing! =)

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:55 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Hi Vigdis! Welcome to Creative Freedom!

I am Yue, the other mentor. We have a lot of nicknames that we gave ourselves. Team Blue. Team Captain Marvel. Peanut butter and Jelly (I'm the Jelly). And so, so many more that I kind of forgotten what (I think there's at least two more that I can't remember off the top of my head right now).

I am a huge fan of original ideas myself. Love creating new worlds and new stories with people! Throwing in my own characters and the such. We got a lot of low-fantasy, history, and sci-fi action going on here and a lot more awesome and cool ideas. Everyone here is really creative and awesome and a lot of fun to write with.

Also, I really want to visit Scotland someday. Probably freeze to death while doing it (I'm from Texas, it's very hot most of the time so not use to anything cold) but I still would love to visit there some day. I will be one of those annoying American tourist.

Back to introduction stuff. Aster gave you what's the most helpful. There is also the Guide to Creative Freedom that I found quite helpful when I first joined the site in sort of familiarizing myself. Along with that, if you have any questions relate to the site or roleplaying in general, Aster and I are always available to answer questions!

Welcome to the site again and I hope you enjoy and have a lot of fun! We also do really like picture and gifs. They're a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:58 pm 

Thank you both, nice to know I'm somewhere friendly, and I'll be sure to look over those links so I know what I'm doing!

Hah, Scotland is pretty for sure Yue, but if you'd freeze here I'd just immolate in TX, anything above around 20c (68f) and I really start to struggle :P

Characters~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 pm 

Fear the plant

The nice thing about roleplay sites is that you could be a goat and no one would care if you can type!

Not that I'm a goat.

Not at all.

Shhh.

I have been thinking about playing sci fi for a while, but I'm a tired mom and haven't come up with anything brilliant to post in the interest checks. I feel like a couple of the sci fi is Star Wars things though from what I vaguely remember, so there is that if you like it. I also adore fantasy of all types (that's my go to) so if you ever need someone for a game feel free to poke me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:06 am 

Apologies for how long it's taken me to respond to you Botany, apparently my email decided notifications should go straight in the bin, which isn't much help to anybody!

I really should get on with typing up some information on a few characters, and likewise I should probably come up with something for interest checks too. Actually one of my favourite types of fantasy is something of a historical crossover, something that's become increasingly popular in video games lately as well. Essentially it's characters played in a setting that really existed, for example the coastal areas of Norway or Denmark in the 8th or 9th century, but the folk beliefs and stories and legends of those characters in that place and time are real. Huldrafolk wandering the forests, giants in the mountains, Ran herself sending her daughters to sink ships and pull them beneath the waves. It tends towards a feeling of powerlessness, as in most cultures the stories most remembered are of the dangers in the world around, of ghosts and dragons and kelpies, and other such nasties and big bad beasties that you have little to no protection against.

For me sci-fi is best for environmental reasons, there's just something great fun about writing a character in low gravity, or who is never more than an inch of steel away from vacuum. It's good mental exercise too, having a character move about an area in zero-G can be like putting together a jigsaw puzzle upside down when seen through a mirror, purely by describing what to do next to someone else who can't see the pieces.

Admittedly I made that sounds possibly rather more masochistic than it actually is, but hey, each to their own!

Even if 'their own' is being a goat ;)

Characters~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:34 am 

Fear the plant

No worries, hah I wouldn't have seen your reply (since you didn't ping and I'm not subscribed) if I didn't stalk introductions because the Blue Team up there entertain me with the antics and gifs.

I used to read a ton of mythology because my mom demanded I read non fiction and they library put it in the non fiction section because I guess it is a classical study or because it is a religion I have no idea, but they were cool stories and that counted. I still have a thing about keeping my toe nails short because why help Hel build her ship right? YOU NEVER KNOW. I may have freaked my 5 year old out because I told him that one day to in hopes he'd stop squirming while I was removing his claws. I feel like a lot of mythology is not too bad... unless it is Greek because they like endings where everyone dies and things always get worse.

I like sci fi because it is an opportunity of endless adventure and discovery. That idea of space being endless and never being able to know everything out there.... because I have thus far just given my ships gravity :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:44 pm 

Hah, understandable!

The Egyptian mythology and pantheon are great, some properly bizarre stuff in there, but I agree that some of the myths in particular are good for child control :P Also good for insulting poor poets, who we know have drunk of the butt-mead of Odin.

Yeah, artificial gravity makes things a lot easier without removing much of the other problems and challenges involved, it's a good workaround for fiction writing. It's easy enough to write into something hard sci-fi too, constant acceleration at 1G would have the same effect, then at the halfway point you would just turn 180 degrees and decelerate at the same rate. Science is awesome.

Characters~