All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Speak Shyriiwook
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

*Makes Chewbacca sounds* Hello there. Haha. Forgive my immaturity. The "Chewy" part of my username is actually a homage to Chewbacca.

So hello, everyone. Call me Chewy. I'm 27 years old and I'm a bit of a vet in the roleplaying games. I've been roleplaying since 2000 and it all started thanks to Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Charmed. xD Those were the days when roleplaying was far different than what it is today. Not that I mind honestly.

Anyways, I am a newly wed (Five whole whopping months in March) and my husband and I both have full time jobs so I apologize if I don't appear online for days at a time. I generally am able to be on at least once a day for no less than an hour unless something comes up, work gets busy or I'm simply just too busy and/or tired from my daily life.

So that's a little bit about me personally. Let's move onto the good stuff, shall we?

So I've been roleplaying a long time. When I first started, I didn't know it was "roleplaying". I was 10 and my friends and I would write fanfiction together and that turned into writing things just between us and then I learned about the real "roleplaying" thing and I got hooked. I enjoy writing with others far more than I enjoy writing stories of my own. Granted when I write stories alone... I can do whatever the hell I want. BUT... roleplaying is just more enjoyable in my opinion. It's almost like getting lost in another person and forgetting about reality for a moment. It's a little poetic. :)

I'm actually coming back from a long two years hiatus. Unfortunately life is very unkind and between personal things and lack of internet, I have been away from the roleplaying world. When I finally came back to the world of the internet, I found this link on my bookmarks. I believe I googled roleplaying forums or something and so I figured what better way to get back into it than joining a community?

Anyways... I apologize for boring the **** out of everyone. hah! Anyways, I really hope to get to know everyone and I really can't wait to get back to writing again. It's honestly one of two passions in my life and I always feel more complete when I write so.... yeah.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: I Speak Shyriiwook
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hopefully there will be no upsetting of any kind...

Welcome to CF, Chewie!

Here you'll find all sorts of writers ranging in experience levels from vet's like yourself, to those completely new to the art. With the diverse member base and varying of interests around here, I'm sure you'll find something to suit your needs. The Member Listings can give you a rough idea about some of the people here, showcasing such things as likes/dislikes, experience, and availability among other things in the "roleplay resumes". Feel free to create one of your own to tell others about your roleplay self, as well as browsing through as many others as you'd like! These are a great way of finding writers with similar interests to your own, and often led to new roleplay adventures.

But, before you get too lost down that path, please be sure to have taken a read over the Rules. Any questions, concerns, inquires, or comments, don't hesitate to contact either myself or another member of staff. We'd be happy to get you back track. My inbox and private chat are also always open to you for anything else site, roleplay, or chatter related. I promise I don't bite!

I wouldn't worry about not being able to be on everyday, everyone here's got some sort of schedule, some only allowing the individual to be on a handful of times during the week. You're in good company of other parents, workers, students, and otherwise hectic life living people.

There's also a chat! If you're feeling up for some socializing, hop in and say hi. There's usually someone around, and if not, someone will show up eventually.

All that said, I hope you find the place to your liking! Happy writing! =D

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

Hail and well met ChewyMartinez! Look forward to reading your writings and we may even end up in an RP together!
I've been 'rpng' just about as long, getting started into it on a Lord of the Rings board in 2001.
Yes, life... it gets in the way of fantasy. Been pushing it out a bit this year as the 'bug' has bitten me once again!
Oh yes, congratulations on your recent marriage!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:49 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Another Charmed fan!

!Gwah

Anyways.... Welcome to CF! You'll find everything to fulfill your roleplaying needs, and some pretty awesome people too! I hope you have as much fun here as I do. =D

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 pm 

Thank you for the warm welcome, Asterous! If I need anything I will be certain to seek your counsel. :D And thank you for the pointers. I really hope to get some wonderful roleplays going and meeting some pretty awesome people.

Wonderful to meet you, Deumeawyn! It's awesome to meet someone from the golden days of roleplaying. Haha! I've always referred to the 2000's to the golden days of roleplaying just because like that's when it was most fun for me personally. I feel like there were more message boards back then than there is now. Now I feel like so many people use facebook/social media and other platforms and I'm a sucker for message boards. Ha! And thank you! It's a miracle my husband can put up with my moody chewy butt. xD

Haha! Hello, Twilight_Cloud! Yes indeed! I haven't roleplayed Charmed in FOREVER... PIPER RULES.... hahaha. anways... Thank you for the excited welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Welcome to my second home, ChewyMartinez! A Star Wars, Buffy, and Charmed fan is most certainly welcome here! I haven't watched Charmed in a while, but I just finished season one of Buffy last night for like the 15th time since I started. I hope you find this place to be as amazing as I have over the past three years! There is so much to see here, and plenty of excellent partners to write with. Have fun, and remember not to go after food just hanging around in a tree. Those are just more Ewok traps! ;)

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:08 pm 

Dnarion wrote:
Welcome to my second home, ChewyMartinez! A Star Wars, Buffy, and Charmed fan is most certainly welcome here! I haven't watched Charmed in a while, but I just finished season one of Buffy last night for like the 15th time since I started. I hope you find this place to be as amazing as I have over the past three years! There is so much to see here, and plenty of excellent partners to write with. Have fun, and remember not to go after food just hanging around in a tree. Those are just more Ewok traps! ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome! It's nice to see people who still believe in roleplaying like I do. It's hard to find a decent place to roleplay at anymore.

Now we all know a Ewok is just a tiny version of a Wookie. Aka, just angry Wookie fam. xD But I'll keep that in mind!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 am 

Fear the plant

Welcome :) I really feel like you do about writing with other people. I figure maybe one day when I retire I might try writing a book, but I have so much FUN in the chaos of working with someone else I'm not sure I will ever get that far. I started with chat RP in.. uhh... late 90's. I loved it from day one, and would spend 3-4 hours every night posting away with people. The sites I used if you wrote less than a full paragraph you were slacking and few people would be interested in playing with you. I've always read books obsessively, so I never found it that difficult. Now I just can't spend so much time in real-time, so for the first time in my life I am trying out forums and it is going great thanks to this awesome site!

I also am back to it after taking a break for about 3 years (I went and had kids, oh my gosh the death of all free time). I am just happier if I can write. I love it, I want to be better at it, so I keep making new characters and starting more games. Maybe I stay up too late sometimes to find the time, but I figure it is vital to do things you love to stay sane the rest of the time!

When I started I was feeling so impatient, because of my chat background I just wanted to get started already and forum people PLAN. If you are looking for some games, we are just starting a pirate adventure in the cave that is open to more players (there is an OOC and an IC posted, which was a thing that confused me when I started here. Most people start with an interest check, then post an OOC for character sheets and talking out of character, and then an IC where you must be IC only). It is posted by Jack Spade.