All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lysandria
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 pm 

Location: The darkest most decrepit depth of the minds in all men.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello Chaps

I am a new member seeking to establish his fantasy RP setting on this site. I have Role Played for a while now, however most of my experience doesn't come from RP Sites, rather other game sites such as Warlight(Online Risk Game) and NationStates(Online Nation Building Game). I first started RP through a custom fantasy Diplomacy Game on Warlight when several players and myself started really getting into the nations we were playing as. We started creating histories and races and leaders for them. After the game ended it was decided that we should make a forum and I having hosted the original game was made the de facto leader of our new world. On the forum we created pages upon pages of history and lore for our world and played through several ages on the Warlight site, using both the forum and risk site, gaining over 50 players in the course of two months. However despite a promising start another senior player and myself had a falling out over how much technology should be allowed in the game. He formed a faction that was in favor of expanding the ages to include more modern and steam-punk style game play. Horrid in my opinion, I was in favor of starting a separate series for such genres and leaving Lysandria as a pure High Fantasy Setting. In the end the forum was deleted and we lost all of our lore. Luckily I had some of it backed up on my own computer allowing be to rebuild from the ashes.

After the "Civil War" several loyal members followed me to Nation States where we attempted to set ourselves up there, and we did for a couple years...though it wasn't the same. It was not until I discovered the "Simming" community on Instagram that I found a stable community to host my world. There my followers and I took over the community and established several worlds, creating more lore and growing larger than we ever had before. Though as time went on people grow older and lose interest. After taking several breaks I left the community to be taken over by newer members. Now although most of my original followers have left I seek to once again establish the fantasy setting of Lysandria, and if it receives a positive response I will release some other worlds, such as Noliterre or Archadia.

My style uses Human Non-Partial(Non-Playing) Mods(Staff) who determine the outcomes for posted player actions. I understand although not unheard of it is still nonetheless not common on RP sites. I may have not spend a lot of time on RP sites, but I have enough to understand that this doesn't fit the common style of play. However I see several benefits to this that cannot be found in the traditional Player on Player interaction. In my opinion it does not limit player interactions to the decisions of other players alone. Rather it allows for a wider world for players to explore and better world building. Players will post their action, such as requesting a new tax from their high council, or entering the woods near the dark path, while Mods will come up with a response. Dice will not be used, as chance is too unrealistic to be relied upon solely. Mods are non-players to keep things fair and any suspected unfair outcomes can be taken up with the Main Admin, myself. To run the game I will need at least 3 Non-Playing Staff members, a Battle Admin, an Economy Admin and an Events Admin. The Battle Admin handles PvP and PvAC(Admin Controlled) Factions, he also handles all military actions by players in general. A Battle Admin must have an interest in warfare and be educated in basic military strategies and tactics. The Economy Admin sets up and handles the worlds Economy, modding economic posts and ensuring players are not cheating the economic system. The Economy Admin is a very important job and creates resources and currency. The Events Admin is charged with creating Story Arcs and keeping the game going, he/she is the world shaper really. They create quests for players to follow, and events in the world. An Events Admin can suddenly (Working with the Battle Admin of course) declare that a series of Coastal Settlements of the Avalon Empire have declared rebellion and their intent to seceded from the Empire, or a Demon Portal has opened in the City of Slendor leaving it in a burning hell hole. The Events Admin must have a creative mind.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Lysandria
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hi there GameLord, and welcome to CF!

After reading through what you posted (with only a few minor distractions) I think you should be able to incorporate your idea somewhat into the system we already have here. You may need to scale it back a tad until you can find people to fill all the roles. I would suggest acting yourself as the GM and taking on the roles of the Admins. Or you could have the admins played as actual characters int he story and go at it from that angle. Just a few suggestions.

Anywho, if you'd kindly take a read over the Rules that would be great. Any questions, don't hesitate to contact either myself or another member of staff and we'll do out best to get you on track.

My inbox and private chat are always open to you for anything you may need, even just to say hi.

Hopefully you can gain some experience with this style of roleplaying and come up with, or join many adventures!

All the best! =D

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 pm 

Location: The darkest most decrepit depth of the minds in all men.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Asterous wrote:
Hi there GameLord, and welcome to CF!

After reading through what you posted (with only a few minor distractions) I think you should be able to incorporate your idea somewhat into the system we already have here. You may need to scale it back a tad until you can find people to fill all the roles. I would suggest acting yourself as the GM and taking on the roles of the Admins. Or you could have the admins played as actual characters int he story and go at it from that angle. Just a few suggestions.

Anywho, if you'd kindly take a read over the Rules that would be great. Any questions, don't hesitate to contact either myself or another member of staff and we'll do out best to get you on track.

My inbox and private chat are always open to you for anything you may need, even just to say hi.

Hopefully you can gain some experience with this style of roleplaying and come up with, or join many adventures!

All the best! =D

Please enlighten me by what you mean by minor distractions? Everything stated above was meant to create an understanding of my persona and intent on this site. I found chose this site because it supposedly offers the most freedom for creation and role playing, and that is what I seek. Also as far as "scaling it back" I am also unsure what you are implying, I am yet to create anything, all I have done is state my intent. And my intent is to do what you just said, to find people before I start anything. As far as allowing staff to play although most of my selected staff members are unbiased and of good character allowing a Moderator of the series normally does not bod well for the other players. It is not a popular idea to have Moderators modding their own posts. I have read over the rules, again, thank you kindly for posting them. I intend to bring nothing but great ideas and fun to the site.

Cheerio GameLord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Minor distractions as in me having multiple tabs open, chatting with people, and listening to music all at the same time...I can never just focus on one thing!

I was just saying that before you start something of such a large scale, maybe start smaller and build up depending on how much interest you get here. I'd hate for something you've clearly put so much work into to fall flat. No offence was meant by anything I said, I'm just more use to sites like this than anything else you've experienced.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon