All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:18 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

FaultLine

"And all the cliffs and faultlines in between..."

-Where Do We Go, Lindsey Stirling

Introduction

Hi, peeps~ Welcome to my introduction thread!

Hello! My name is FaultLine, and if you couldn't already tell, I'm already a huge Lindsey Stirling fan. The moment I saw her sponsorship of this site, I'll admit, I was sold! My username itself is inspired by a line her, although I also go by Etch, Echo, Echosoul, StoneEtch, or other variants when online in other places. I'm already active or semi-active on 4 different role play sites, but I only participate in a maximum of three active role plays on each site, as tends to be a habit of mine. I'll branch out into multiple communities, yet never really get truly involved in just one. Roleplay has been a hobby of mine since I was 7, around the time I finished my first book. (And yes, I started my first book in kindergarten. It was absolutely terrible. *Blanches*) It was also around the time I was introduced to the internet, and within that year I found over 50 copies of what would soon become the predecessor of my favorite video game, The Sims Online. She had been a retailer for the game back when it was in it's height, and I had been hooked by the packaging, and I begged to play it. My parents would have let me, except The Sims Online had already long since discontinued, so they bought me a copy of the Sims 3 instead, and it is still my favorite game to this day. I enjoy Sims 4, as well, but, as any other avid simmer knows, Sims 4 is controversially worse than Sims 3, or at the very least several major features in Sims 3 were removed at Sims 4's launch, like pools and toddlers, which were later added nearly a year of protest in free patches.

Regardless of my ranting, something everyone should know about me is that I have Asperger's syndrome. I have no fear in publicly displaying that knowledge; I am proud of my autism, and my experience with being constantly hated without knowing why for a large portion of my life has made me very resilient to hate, whether online or in person.(I was diagnosed at 12, so I had no idea why people though I was weird and wouldn't talk to me for that entire time. I didn't develop past the mental state of a six year old until about a few months after I was diagnosed, at which point I began developing rapidly and I consider myself very mature in matters involving logic and reason, although my emotional maturity may be lagging a few years behind still.) The point is, I am well aware of the dangers of sharing this information, and I believe the benefits of being understood better far outweigh the cost of the friendship of some prick who would judge someone by their mental health. I understand that anyone warning me of such things has good intentions, but I ask that you either keep it off the thread and PM me for the sake of neatness, or simply don't mention it to me at all. Preferably, the latter. Also, for those who may not be aware of what Asperger's Syndrome is, or who would simply like to learn more, Google is a wonderful resource! Also, I am very open to answering any questions that you may have about the disorder, should you be looking for a personal answer involving my experiences with it. Just be prepared for a text-heavy reply.

If you read all this, congratulations! If not, I have compiled a TLDR list below me, in case you really just don't have the time or you've decided you don't care enough to read it all.

TLDR Introduction

For you lazy bums out there! *Wink*

• I love Lindsey Stirling.
  • I'm active on over 4 different roleplay sites.
  • I have been role playing since I was seven.
  • I started my first book at five years old, and finished it when I was seven.
  • My favorite video game is Sims 3, with Sims 4 coming in as a close second.
  • I have Asperger's Syndrome.
  • I'm well aware that sharing the previous point is a major risk, and I assure you it is a very calculated one.
  • Feel free to ask me or Google questions about Asperger's Syndrome; I don't bite, promise!

Roleplay Interests

We're on a roleplay site, aren't we?

Pairings:
  • Slave x Master
  • Freed Slave x Therapist
  • Child Delinquent x Therapist
  • Bullying + Child Abuse Victim x New Girl at School
  • Fantasy Race Terrorist Advocating Equal Rights x Human Hostage
  • Serial Killer's Son x Girlfriend
  • Serial Killer's Son x Best Friend
  • Serial Killer's Son x Serial Killer
  • Insane Escaped Convict x Model Student Hostage
  • Medieval Peasant x Traveling Magician
  • Traveling Merchant x Traveling Scientist
  • Freed Slave x Slave Rights Movement Leader
  • Anything else you might want to try out...

I'm open to any ideas you may have for me, so feel free to private message me or ask me here about your ideas! Also, I create new characters all the time, so don't hesitate to ask for a specific type of character. Especially in the case of romances, you may ask for a specific gender, age range, or sometimes even species. I still reserve the right to refuse you, of course, but I'm very open to ideas and if you'd prefer a certain type of character I'm usually happy to oblige. Also, it's worth mentioning that, despite being a female in real life, I am better at playing male characters, although I play both. I also only do mxf or mxm romances, mainly because I am simply not familiar enough with fxf romances to write about it. (i.e. I read about mxf and mxm romances, but I have never read about fxf romances and I can't say it particularly interests me enough that I plan to. If you like, feel free to try to change my mind, but know that I can be as stubborn as a mule sometimes.)

That said, I think it's time to say...

CHEERIO!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:24 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Welcome to Creative Freedom!

I am a thing that lurks in the shadows, ever a watchful eye.

It's so nice to see another Lindsey fan! Her music does tend to take you to another world haha Looks like you've come to the right place, I'm sure you'll have little trouble settling down and getting some stories out onto the site.

I can't say I've played much Sims. I tried to years ago but, sadly, I couldn't get into it. Regardless, video games are one of the things I draw inspiration from myself. Recently, I've found myself spending hours looking at details in the Dark Souls games.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the site. We're all pretty chill and, no worries, everyone has had their shots, even if they may claim otherwise. There is no danger here. But, do note, the creatures in blue are here to guide should should you need assistance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Sims 3 is an awesome game and I am a huge fan of myself. I have yet to actually play Sims 4 (my laptop sucks and barely plays Sims 3 correctly so I highly doubt Sims 4 will play nicely on it) but I have heard about it removing toddlers and pools and such (which is just strange). Glad to hear they brought it back! I'll stick to Sims 3 for now until I get a better computer haha!

Welcome to Creative Freedom! I hope you enjoy it! :D There are a lot of great people here who are actually really understanding and super supportive. One of the many reasons why I love it here. So I'm sure you'll have a great time and fall in love with this site!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm 

Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome! Glad to see some other Sims fans around, @Yue, and I hope you can get a better computer soon! Although, I will say that I'm pretty sure Sims 4 is more optimized than Sims 3 is, so you might try downloading the CAS demo on Origin and checking out the computer requirements to see how they run. If you get the demo and it runs pretty smoothly, it's probably safe to say the rest of the game will, too, unless you start going crazy with mods like I do.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that the site's community is generally pretty accepting! It's been a while since I've been on a smaller community like this one, although the smallest community I've ever been on was one of my first roleplay sites, and the only one I've stayed continuously active on for over a year. I was active there from ages 8-11, then I left for a year and came back around 12 years old and hung around for a few months again. The site had a maximum of 20 active users, probably closer to 15. A lot of people came and went, but you'd never see more than ten people online at one given time, and that was if you were lucky. Most of the time there were only 1-4 members online at one given time. It was crazy, but everybody knew everybody intricately and so you rarely went into a role play without knowing exactly who you were role playing with. It was a very rare sort of site, a needle in a haystack if I've ever seen one, but it made up a large part of my writing career and I honestly believe I wouldn't be nearly as good of a role player as I am now if it weren't for the help of a particular site member, Eagle. She taught me to go from writing three sentences to over four well-sized paragraphs within a week. The issue wasn't actually getting me to write more, since I already was writing books at that age, but rather it was getting me to understand how to respond to a longer roleplay post with much more detail than I would normally use, by analyzing each sentence to discover if it was something I could respond to or just filler, and then writing one or more sentences to respond individually to each of the sentences they wrote that I could reply with. Eventually, I learned to add in my own filler, which essentially gives readers a better understanding of the character's emotions, even if it's not something the other character can reply to.

If I'm honest, I think I made a diagram about a year ago re-teaching that ideology. It's somewhere around here...

Oh well. Anyway, I do appreciate the welcome! I'm very happy to be here. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

It's so organized and neat! I love it! !love

Ahem...I mean, welcome to CF!

I wish I could stick to three roleplays at a time, it would solve so many problems and I'd be able to safely navigate the interest checks again. Haha!

Before you get in too far, I'll have you read over the Rules, that is if you haven't already. Any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact either myself or another member of staff, we'd be happy to help!

I'll also point out the Member Listings which are a great place to find others with similar interests to yourself. Feel free to browse through as many or as few as you'd like, and even make a "resume" of your own to share a little of your roleplay self with us.

Again, my inbox and private chat are always open for anything you may need, from answering a question, bouncing an idea around, or even just to say hi. I promise I don't bite.

I should also add that I use to be a big fan of the Sims and played 2, 3, and Medieval all the time until my computer failed me...haven't gotten that part fixed yet otherwise I would have continued. The amount of time I spent with those games...

Anywho, I'm sure you'll find others with similar interests to yourself and will get some stories going in no time!

Hope to see you around the site and get the chance to either read your stuff or even write with you! =D

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon