All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:11 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Hello. I will go by Muddy Water here, which is the Western Cree translation for my home city of Winnipeg. Yes it gets cold here. Yes we have mosquitos the size of small birds. Yes I love Hockey.

I chose the name because after I get my bearings I am hoping to start a low key modern fantasy roleplay based in Winnipeg, which has a far greater amount of mysticism then most people realize. It would sort of be a "Winnipeg By Night" but not based around vampires and lycanthropes, but more of a Stephen King sort of "unspecified" phenomenon.

Anyway, I'm probably one of the oldest members of the site, being in my 40's, and am lucky to be employed professionally but still have some time to continue my childhood...the internet is such a wonderful thing!

Interests of mine (past and present)
-D&D (I tried a few other systems but AD&D kept dragging me back). I spent hours..okay days..at a time in basements on this hobby, and I get some ribbing for it now, but those are some of the best memories of my "formative years".
-Sports (especially hockey). Some fantasy simulators like Eastside Hockey Manager.
-Pro Wrestling (not really since 2002 or so) but I also am trying to catch up and recreate a pen and paper fantasy wrestling fed I started in 1980. I am currently in 1992. I was a big user of a sim program called TNM7 which has its own community and was sort of involved in the e-fed scene.
-Television. The BUSINESS of television is something I find absolutely fascinating, and have read many books on the subject. Ratings, local stations vs networks, the rise of cable, etc. I have been involved in a couple boards-games where you create your own TV shows, run your network, get ratings etc. I love to come up with ideas for TV shows and start to write episode summaries. That format is easier then fan fiction or role play; and easy is sometimes good.
-80's music. I'm currently listening to a you tube playlist of 80's ballads..Open Arms by Journey is playing...
-History. various topics.

Genre interests;
Modern
Supernatural
Modern
Horror
Fantasy
Alternate Universe
Adventure
Action
Political
Adult Romance

Some other random influences or specific interests;
Shadowrun
Chuck (TV series)
Game of Thrones (books)
UHF
Disney parks
Making lists
Halt & Catch Fire
Dragonlance
Bruce Springsteen

Some random things that don't interest me (or I struggle with);
Modern slice of life roleplays
Technology..avatars, skins, etc...baffle me
Arguing with people on the internet (been online since the dial up AOL days and that got old real fast)
Jazz/Blues

This is a very cool site you have going here and I look forward to exploring it further as a member. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to listen to "Desert Moon" by Dennis DeYoung...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:16 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Well hello from a fellow Canadian!

I hope you find this place to your liking, and should you have any questions don't hesitate to contact a member of staff. We'd be glad to help! We've got a fairly friendly community here so you should feel at home in no time!

And with your diverse set of interests, there should be something around here to peak your interest. If not, I'm sure someone would be interestsed in what you come up with!

Before you get in too far though, I'll have you look over the Rules.

I would also suggest making a Member Listing, sort of like a "roleplay resume" where you and others can find potential writing partners by looking at interests, likes, dislikes, and everything in between!

My inbox and private chat are always open for any questions, rants, or even just to chat. I promise I don't bite!

Hope to see you around the site! =D

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 am 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello and welcome, Muddy Water! I'm Cotton, a moderator on staff. I'm also Canadian and I'm currently living in Ontario, though I'm a British Columbian by heart. Your roleplay idea is definitely my cup of tea, so I'll be checking it out! We do have members of various ages here, some around your age and a few even older! Though it is true that the mode age around here is 20s. What team are you supporting for the playoffs? I can attest that arguing over the internet is pretty uninteresting, and not worth the time. I hope you don't encounter any of that here. If you have any questions or need help findig anything, let me or any other member of staff know and we'd be happy to help. Hope to see you around!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:55 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Thanks for the welcoming.

I will go over the rules and resume when I get a chance for sure. Good to see some fellow Canadians.

Well with the Jets out (great .gif by the way) kind of hopping from team to team. Actuallly wasnt really cheering for the Senators because I'm not a fan of the style or of Coach Boucher. Hard to cheer against Crosby, but P.K. is growing on me and the fans of Nashville have been tremendous. I only watch now though if the weather sucks, because summer is too short to stay indoors all the time.

Again thanks for the welcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Welcome to the site, Muddy Water.