All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I do believe years ago I tried to RP here but the rules (or the misinterpretation of those rules) were so stringent, I had to leave because I could not be as creative as I wanted to be. I've read the rules and dont see anything unreasonable and I look forward to introducing everyone to my original compilation of unoriginal content (since there really isnt anything new under the sun).

I'm 31 years old, I've been writing stories and novels since I was 8, and I've been roleplaying since I was 14. I've been admining and moderating forums since I was 18. I have a tiny bit of experience and I look forward to sharing my creativity, since my sole purpose in life is to tell a story...

I am not only a veteran storyteller, I am a veteran in general. RP (and RT, which is Rooster Teeth) helped me get through some tough times in the US Army, specifically when deployed. Unfortunately, I've lost touch with all of my RP-friends from ten years ago and I have yet to meet anyone with the same passion. That is not to say that there are not good, passionate RPers here, just that everywhere I've gone in life (physically and virtually), nobody seems to care or take interest in anything, unless it has some selfish instant gratification for them. There is no patience for the long game anymore.

But this seems to be a really active site and I'm hoping my tragic disposition doesn't get to anyone. I've had a rough few months, emotionally and spiritually, and I just want to tell this amazing story, which is not entirely my own. Credit goes to the true inspiration, the Lord in Heaven.

Thank you for reading and if anyone is interested in the type of RP I'm about to introduce, just message me or reply to the OP. Take care!

Eli

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:36 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hey Eli, and welcome back to Creative Freedom!

I'm sorry to hear about what you've gone through, but if you ever need someone to talk with, my inbox and private chat are always open, as are those of all the staff.

Since you've read the Rules, if you've got any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact a member of Staff, we'd be glad to help.

As for your search for fellow writers, I'd suggest checking out the Member Listings. You might find someone with similar interests, and other such things you may be looking for in a writing partner.

What sorts of roleplay are you interested in? With the varied community here there's bound to be someone who'd love to join.

Hope to see you around the boards!

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:25 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Right now I'm working on an Epic Genre Mashup... So take Milton's Paradise Lost and merge it with LOTR or D&D and something sci-fi by Arthur C. Clarke or L. Ron Hubbard.

The story is actually a combination of two or three stories, which are interconnected by various methods of interdimensional travel, whether it's visions, dreams, astral projection, hallucinations, time travel, or literal interdimensional portals. There are dozens of realms, hundreds of races, and thousands of characters. The Wiki page is coming along very slowly, so if anyone (non-player) would be interested in contributing to the story in that way, I'd be more than willing to accept the help. But it's on the back burner right now since I have like 3 spiral notebooks to get me through the main game, which is a d20 D&D style tabletop RPG.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Hi! I just wanted to say welcome to Creative Freedom! I'm sort of new myself! Asterous is a sweetheart and answered all of my silly questions and everyone here is fantastic! They're always willing to help. I love it so far!

I wouldn't say I'm a veteran roleplayer such as yourself but I have a few years of experience. If you're ever interested in starting a roleplay and need a partner in crime, I'm willing and waiting! I'm dying to start roleplaying again and I'm open to most ideas as long as you're okay with me asking a whole bunch of questions!

Again welcome to Creative Freedom and I hope you like it here! :D