All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Having Stumbled In
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:11 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, I'm Cottonmouth. Actually I tried to enter Cotton and was met with the pleasant surprise of another user having similar inclination. =) Cottonmouth it is, your friendly and mild-mannered snake.

There was a time, several years back, I was RPing constantly on a site I'd been off-and-on with since several MORE years back. But, much like Tim Roth's fresh-faced bellhop in 'Four Rooms', I naively broke a cardinal rule (sadly without the cash he walks out of the film with) and had to retreat for awhile.

I like to think I'm fairly good with words, but I have some trouble concentrating sometimes. I like all sorts of things, so a full list would be really long and likely enough not to interest most people.
SHORT LIST GO!

Best Music:
AVANTASIA | +

Best Movies:
PARK CHAN-WOOK | +

Best Books:
A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS | +

So, when you blend hair metal, dark revenge thrillers and laid back observations of irony and tragedy... Well whatever incoherent mess you're picturing has taken earthly form! At the time of writing this I work 40 hours a week with long commutes, so I can't honestly say I'll be the rapid-fire partner some of you may be looking to write with. But I like to think I'm a good match for a wide variety of styles and interests, and as long as I know what you're looking for I'll do my best to deliver. Failing that, it'll be a story worth the telling.

- Cottonmouth

Last edited by Cottonmouth on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Having Stumbled In
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:16 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Ahoy, and welcome aboard!

Funny you should mention someone having signed up as @Cotton already, as that happens to be one of our Mentors! They're friendly, but mysterious entities, who love to help people out. I'm sure they'll pop by soon, and when they do, they're going to be handing you some helpful links to helpful pages on the site that I recommend you check out.

It's a good thing forums aren't always about rapid posting, so don't you worry about that! We have people from all walks of life who work overtime, have eighty kids or cats to take care of, or have another really time consuming hobby, but as we say: "Life first, always!" I hope you'll feel at home here, because you seem like a fun and interesting person. Please do explore the site at your leisure, and if you ever get lost or need anything, don't hesitate to ask a staff member!

Happy writing,
Fearless

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:28 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

A new challenger has appeared! As per Creative Freedom ritual, we must fight each other armed only with a spear and loin cloth!

Just kidding, unfortunately we don't condone epic gladiator fights between our members. I'm Cotton, and as Fearless said, I'm a Mentor! If you ever have any questions or concerns, direct it to any warrior in blue. You know, we've all been that awkward, ill-mannered noob at one point in our roleplaying journeys. I myself was pretty awful when I started out, as exampled in our Roleplaying Confession board xD And as Fearless said, we are quite relaxed pace to make room for any lover of roleplay that has a busy life! We even have a 'Most Patient' medal to commend those people that wait for them.
Our format can be a little confusing for new members, so if you'd like, check out our Posting Guide that explains it all really well. I hope to see you around, and happy writings!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Welcome to CF, Cottonmouth!

I'm Sojourn, another one of the Mentors. Like Cotton, who took your first choice username. Although she's pretty cool, so I'm sure you'll forgive her. Glad to hear you are a friendly and mild mannered snake. I'm also glad you picked us for your choice to get back into Roleplaying. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. We have people with lots of different schedules here. I work full time as well and have a family, so I totally understand not being able to be a rapid reply poster. I'm sure you'll find a good partner or partners that suit your schedule.

I do have two more links to give you before we can let your run wild around here:

Please take a moment to check out the Rules when you get a moment. It's mostly common sense stuff but it is still important to know.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. The Staff is always available to help out a member in need.

Happy writing!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:02 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Wow. Time to blow the dust off this. Stupid life crises. That's the plural form of crisis, I think.

Hello world! We've met before, though it was some time ago. I'm Cottonmouth, and despite exhaustive reports to the contrary I exist. My original introduction stands for the most part, but just to be clear:

I still love good music, I still think I'm funny and I still work a lot. BUT NOW I should actually have time to write despite that work, having changed jobs. I don't blame anyone who gives me a wide berth for a bit since I vanished last time, hopefully in time I'll earn faith with you. I know I'm barely known here, but I aim to change that... WITH SCIENCE!

All of my love,
Cottonmouth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:44 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome back Cottonmouth!

Hopefully things haven't changed too much since you were here, I'll link you the Rules for a refresher though. As usual, any questions, inquiries, concerns, and everything in between, don't hesitate to contact a member of staff and we would be glad to help!

There are many other things I could share with you, but it seems you've already discovered them at some point, with that...

Hope to see you around the boards! =D

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

(If I could just... Erase this whole topic and start again... Eh, it'd probably be mostly the same.)

Hello again. I'm much better now. You look good, I love what you've done with your hair.
Write, you say? Well, I'd be delighted! Now, where should we begin..?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome back again, Cottonmouth!

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:54 am 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Welcome back, @Cottonmouth ! We've missed you :)