All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

=D Just kidding I stole the Rabbit's watch.

Hey everyone! My name is Becca, I'm a lil cowgirl from Texas.

I love long walks on the beach and getting caught in the rain, my number is 1-800-CallMeMaybe ;D

I love humor ^, writing, art, dancing, cooking, and road trips down unknown roads. For fun my sisters and I will find random old maps and go look for towns that are no longer towns (after, of course, we stop by Walmart for a couple of ice cream pops. Whats an adventure without ice cream?)

I enjoy starry nights, thunder storms and cool autumn evenings. Am totally into Steam Punk, have a top hat and all (and for those wondering, yet I love Jane Austen too. Team Darcy!)

My favorite favorite genre is Urban Fantasy but I also enjoy just fantasy, mystery, Gothic literature, British literature, teen drama (yes I said it) and 80's hits (Dinkey Hocker shoots smack, The Outsiders, Lisa Bright and Dark). I really enjoy witches, fairies and dragons but on occasion I'll take a vampire book.

I love love love Art history, I'll cry when I see a pretty painting...of course I also cry when I watch Titanic so maybe I just cry over randomness.

I have a BA in Creative Writing from BYUI, and am addicted to comma splices

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D

I'll pick an 80's flick movie like the Breakfast Club over any other movie, any day. Though I also really enjoy the 10th Kingdom and Spirited Away.

I am 24... my favorite color is Green (though I feel like Pollock had the right idea when it comes to splattering colors)... my favorite animal is an Owl....My favorite Holiday is Halloween (its a holiday to me)....my favorite authors are Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Melissa Marr and J.K. Rowling (though I love Alice in Wonderland and The 3 Musketeers) ....I love listening to Stevie Nicks and Cher....my favorite tv show is 2 Broke Girls....though the minute American Horror Story comes on the world better shhhhh for 40 minutes....am a pizza and jello addict....

I think I said enough...you scared yet bro?

Check out my new Horror RP, The House of Ebony Wood! Open and Looking for Players!
Interest Check
OOC Topic
IC Thread

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:05 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Ahoy, and welcome aboard!

Nice to have someone I can cry over van Gogh with. I love, love, love his paintings and it's so sad oh mygod protect the tiny art baby at any and all costs he's too precious for this world. Anyway, awesome to have you here! I never got around to watching The Breakfast Club, but it's been on the list for like... Yeah, probably 4 years now. Anyway, if you need anything, just holler at staff. A Mentor or two should be around any moment, now, and please, don't hesitate to go into chat and say hi!

Happy writing,
Fearless

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 pm 

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, hello hello there.

Ah Van Gogh...Yes! Starry Night gets me every time, no matter how many times I've seen it.

Do me the darndest sugar, after you do watch the Breakfast Club, shoot me a PM and tell me what you think. It changed me...no seriously it changed me !drunk

Check out my new Horror RP, The House of Ebony Wood! Open and Looking for Players!
Interest Check
OOC Topic
IC Thread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Medals: 14
Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Not scared at all; you're gonna have to do better than that, bro. =D

Welcome to Creative Freedom, Midnight Writer! Or Becca! First off, I've always wanted to go to Texas (I've never been anywhere in the US except for the East Coast), and the idea of following old maps to see how the landscape has changed seems fairly awesome to me. Add in ice cream, and it sounds like the perfect way to spend a day. How many sisters do you have?

We've got Steam Punk here, and Fantasy as a whole has a tremendous presence on CF; I have no doubts as to whether or not you'll be finding some RPs that grab your interest. And of course, you're always free to make some of your own! I have a feeling you're going to be fitting in just fine around here, and I look forward to seeing what you create while you're with us.

Unless you have already, please take a moment to look over our Rules, which I trust you'll find to be pretty reasonable as they're more relaxed than what you'd find on most sites. They mostly cover the common sense things, i.e. be respectful of others, no crying directly onto the artwork, etc. We've also got a very useful Creative Freedom Guide that's always worth a look (it's pretty amusing to boot) in case you want an idea of how things generally work around here, but if you have any questions please let me or another Staff member know.

I'm a Mentor, meaning I'm always available to lend a hand if you need it. Shoot me a PM if there's anything at all you need help with!

Welcome again!
-GH

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:27 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Hello there, Becca!

Welcome to Creative Freedom! I will definitely tell the Rabbit you are the one who has his watch, the poor thing is going crazy without it. Uh... crazier.

I'm pretty sure you will fit right in with us, we can always use people with a sense of humor among our ranks against bad moods, boredom and all bad things. =)

I'm really excited to see what you come up with. Looks like you have a lot under your belt to make you a great, great writer, and (one more time) I can't wait to see your writings.

As for scaring me, unless you have a scary clown or a syringe you want to give me shots with, not yet. You can try again, though. XD

As my good friend GreyHelm already pointed you to the basic links, I'll just add the Staff Contact Information, so you can know where to go for all your help and question answering needs.

Oh, yes, the blue name means I am also a Mentor, which in turn means you can always hit me up if you need any help at all.

Welcome again, and have lots of fun!

- Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:27 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Hey there, Midnight Writer! Welcome to Creative Freedom.

I do love me some fantasy, both of the urban and of-its-own genre varieties. Steampunk as well! I've been meaning to have a foray into the genre, but it's just a vague desire at this point. Maybe one idea to work off of thus far. Witches, fairies, dragons, and vampires are all rad as hell. Good taste.

AND YOOOOOO SPIRITED AWAY THAT'S MY FAVORITE

Anyway, along with Grey's links, another thing worth taking a peek at is our posting tutorial. It'll help out with some basics, and hopefully will cover any preliminary confusions you may have. Of course, the staff is always here to offer aid, so don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:03 pm 

Hey and welcome to CF, Midnight Writer!

We have a lot in common, though the most notable things are our mutual love for Spirited Away (have you seen any other Ghibli films? my favorite is Howl's Moving Castle) and The Outsiders (I AM SO OBSESSED OMG). I would actually quite enjoy an Outsiders RP, seeing as that's one of my favorite books.

Anyway, the other mentors have given you the useful links and I really recommend that you read them. They're very helpful. Aside from that, I just want to remind you that you can contact us staffies at any time for any reason. We're here to help. :)

-Elite

Current MIA Status: HERE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I love you, midnight writer. Er, like a father loves a daughter. Welcome to Creative Freedom RPG! ;)

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:22 pm 

Slowly getting back to normal

Medals: 3
Supporter (2) Recruiter (1)

Hullo Becca!

It's awesome that you fell down a rabbit's hole! Er, wait, I mean.. I am glad you have arrived her. XD I see the other blue clad mentors have supplied you with more than a few links to get you started on your way. So I will just have extend to you a Very Merry Un-birthday, and handshake and say if you need some help, don't trust the cheshire cat. Though you can always ask me or any staff member for CF related help. We will be glad to send you down the merry path that actually has a destination. Can't wait to see what you bring to the boards!

~Louloubelle~

What is an RP? An RP is a creature that is frequently found on the net... ARPEE! is the natural call of the online species, of the subspecies "roleplayicus".

Easily identified, the species flock to online chatrooms and place on various displays of brilliance to attract rp mates.They are not monogamous creatures, bouncing from room to room, some being so bold as to 'court' other rp's simultaneously!

~LP~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 am 

Wooow, I wasn't expecting this many replies, I feel special! =D

Greyhelm, I highly recommend a trip to Texas. Particularly right now well the summer storms are rolling in, so so pretty. What kind of ice cream do you like? Oh and I have three sisters. The youngest was one I had the privilege of helping to name....Camilot. Yep, tots claim the awesomeness that is that name. Point me in the direction of the steam punk, I'm there ;D

Shadow Lady, my humor is at your service....as is my words me' dear.

Eggs, we should do some urban fantasy together hun, that would be soooo fun.

EliteKillJoy, Howl's Moving Castle is another favorite big time :D Have you read the book by Jones? So great. We should try for Outsiders, that could be a lot of fun. Did you ever see any of the Outsiders's tv show? Leonardo DiCaprio is in it as a really little kid.

Aw Gunther <3 loves back at yah.

An unbirthday to meh?! :D Why thank you. Oh yes, that darned Cat. My husband constantly curses him in his sleep, no lying "Stupid Chess" LOL of course he plays Chess in an rp so its a mystery to me. Thank you for the welcoming Louloubelle.

Interest Check
OOC Topic
IC Thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:06 am 

Howl's Moving Castle is probably one of my favorite movies, but I haven't read the book. Would you recommend it? And I didn't know there was an Outsiders TV show :O

Current MIA Status: HERE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:26 am 

Medals: 7
Best Death (1) Animal Companion (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)

Hey hey hey, don't trust who, now? I was just polishing my avatar and got some very curious vibes from this thread... !notfunny

Seriously though, welcome to Creative Freedom, Becca! You had me from hello- and I completely agree with my fellow Mentors that you're going to have a blast here. This place is full of creative, weird, charming, colorful people much like yourself, and some of your writing interests listed are pretty common around here; even if you can't find something that suits you exactly, you can always ask for a little help or start one of your own. Any of the staff can lend a hand if you have questions or concerns, and the Mentors especially enjoy helping new members to settle in.

Aaaaanyway, in addition to all that glorious reading material these fine blue people have already given you, I'd like to drop the Member Listings link. This is basically a forum where you can post a role play resume, of sorts, to let other writers know your interests, experience, style, etc. People browse it to look for potential partners all the time- you might see someone there already that has similar tastes.

Well, I suppose that's it for now :) Welcome again, Becca!

<--------------------------- and just this once, you can trust the Cheshire Cat ;)

- Tyne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Midnight, what place in the order of your sisters are you? Are you the oldest? Do you have children yet? They definitely change a relationship. For me, it was a change for the best. I believe having children brings a couple closer.

I have three daughters. There was a fourth, but we lost her in the delivery room. T_T
I also have a son and growing up had two sisters. My sisters are still with us and yes, still pains in the butt...on occasion.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Howdy Becca,

I was born in Texas and have family all over the state.
I have loved all over the east coast and Georgia.

This is my second home and hope you are at home here. We have all kinds of creatives. I too appreciate art and anyone that can create what they see on any medium. I can only draw stick figures.

Welcome and enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 pm 

Oh my gosh, I just had this horrible realization that in my excitement I typed I feel down the Rabbit Hole instead of fell....(head meets desk)

EliteKilljoy I totally recommend the book. Its beautiful!

Hello Tyne let me just say, I am so sorry to you and the others who have been waiting to see my charm come to life ;D Just started a new job and orientation was a female dog XD .... nope, thats an insult to female dogs....orientation was a Red Queen. Thats better. Oooo paper !adore I'll checkie this out. Thanks pal.

Hey Gunther, I am actually second eldest. We all balance each other out perfectly. The eldest is quiet and thoughtful. I'm spunky and "Oh look a dark alley way, whose game?". The third eldest is a lady with a purse full of bricks. The youngest is normally found in a tree....yes I will admit it. We adopted her from an ape pack (Just kidding !drunk ) No kiddos yet of my own but were thinking in a couple years. My husband and I just moved back to Texas and are currently living with my parents. I did have a conversation with a friend though, recently, about children. Her words "Becca...I am picturing myself visiting you one day. I walk in the door to bowls of jello all over the living room, Lord of the Rings on the tv....and you, your husband and kids all bouncing around the living room in footie pajamas playing 'the ground is lava'." My words "Yep, Neverland at its finest". T_T Oh hunnie (Hugs) I am so sorry but bless those other three dear hearts for being such wonderful darlin's in your life. And even those sisters of yours =D forever pains but forever loved. I know that feeling.

LadyKate43 ah, another southern gal ;D or shall I say another GRITS (Girl Raised In The South) ok ok so I took that from Beautiful Creatures (great reading by the way, plenty of southern jokes). I suppose that makes you my cousin !drunk (tips hat) Lil' Lady.

Interest Check
OOC Topic
IC Thread

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Nice to meet you Midnight,

You can call me cousin. Most if not all my extended family is in Texas. Every thing is big n hot there. Most of the time Ga and Texas share the same temperature. I hope you get outta that drout soon. I feel for ranchers. It is also making the price of beef sky high. I hope you are doing well.

GRITS= lol so true

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Midnight Writer wrote:
Hey Gunther, I am actually second eldest. We all balance each other out perfectly. The eldest is quiet and thoughtful. I'm spunky and "Oh look a dark alley way, whose game?". The third eldest is a lady with a purse full of bricks. The youngest is normally found in a tree....yes I will admit it. We adopted her from an ape pack (Just kidding !drunk ) No kiddos yet of my own but were thinking in a couple years. My husband and I just moved back to Texas and are currently living with my parents. I did have a conversation with a friend though, recently, about children. Her words "Becca...I am picturing myself visiting you one day. I walk in the door to bowls of jello all over the living room, Lord of the Rings on the tv....and you, your husband and kids all bouncing around the living room in footie pajamas playing 'the ground is lava'." My words "Yep, Neverland at its finest". T_T Oh hunnie (Hugs) I am so sorry but bless those other three dear hearts for being such wonderful darlin's in your life. And even those sisters of yours =D forever pains but forever loved. I know that feeling.

I also am second eldest with my sisters. My son is second eldest as well. My son is more like my father and my wife than me. :)
I do appreciate your attitude and hope one day we can mix it up in an RP. I love Lord of the Rings. Excellent trilogy.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll