All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Been dying to find a good creative writing site. My friend directed me here. Any tips for this poor unfortunate soul??

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:16 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Have fun?

LOL!

Welcome to Creative Freedom! Home of the fun and wild activities of writing and roleplaying! What kind of rps are you interested in?

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:20 pm 

eyy, senpai!

GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Hey, Squirrelcakes! Welcome to Creative Freedom.

Your friend made a great choice bringing you here. We've got a great community, plenty of opportunities to write, and even places to show off non-writing creativity if that's your thing.

As for tips, I'd suggest taking a peek at our rules and our complete site guide to start you off. They should answer any preliminary questions, but if you'd prefer a hands-on discussion or have any other questions, you can PM me or any other staff member (especially the blue-named Mentors) for help. We'd be more than happy to help you settle in.

Have a good time here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:25 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

POOOOR UNFORTUNATE SOOOOUUULSSSS

We've plenty of those here. You're most welcome in our ranks. Take your time exploring the site, and don't worry about the funny noises that are coming from underneath the stairs. It's nothing. If you want anything - a helping hand, a detached hand, a blessed fortunate mind - staff is here to help you!

Happy writing,
Fearless

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 pm 

Eferhilda, I absolutely love your little signature about Hermione. That's probably the funniest thing I've seen today. Ad I enjoy a little bit of everything. Fantasy, sci-fi, Disney, Harry Potter, Young Justice and Green Lantern, Kingdom Hearts, etc. from just looking around I already like it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:33 pm 

It is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Best Death (1) GM of the Month (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Heya Squirrelcakes, and welcome to Creative Freedom!

First, I absolutely love your username, and I'm glad your friend brought you to us. We're always happy to see more human sacrifices new members, and I would say joining CF was a most fortunate occurrence! You're definitely on the right track. Also, I'm glad you have a variety of interests- we have a wide selection to choose from so I'm sure you'll find some RPs that interest you!

The Eggy one has already given you some useful links, so I'll just tack onto them with a couple other pages worth checking out. There's a Posting Tutorial and Tips thread that can help shine some light on how we do things in the RP forums specifically, and you can also make a RP Resume in our Member Listings forum, where you can peruse the other topics to see what other people enjoy writing about.

Aside from all that, if you have any questions at all please let me or another Staff member know! The folks with the blue names like Eggs and myself are Mentors, and we're here to help you get settled in.

Welcome again!
-GH

Learning a simple lesson isn't always simple. Sometimes, you have to slowly lose everything great around you to understand the gravity of your shortcomings. Admit that your egos have grown too large, that you've lost your sense of what you realistically are, and maybe you can repair the road that has broken beneath the weight of your failings. Or maybe you'll just keep going as you've gone, and you'll learn nothing, and eventually, everything around you will become dust. To be honest, that's by far the likeliest of all outcomes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:40 pm 

Thanks. Squirrel is one of the many things my friends call me, so I figured why not. Thank you very much for the links. I will definitely check those out when I get the hang of navigating this place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:06 am 

Slowly getting back to normal

Medals: 3
Supporter (2) Recruiter (1)

Hullo Squirrelcakes!

I see that everyone here has been amazing and given you lots of information and links, bu just in case you need it: Staff info is located HERE. I can't wait to see what you can do! I am Louloubelle, another blue clad mentor, so please feel free to PM me or any staff if you need the help!

~Loulou~

What is an RP? An RP is a creature that is frequently found on the net... ARPEE! is the natural call of the online species, of the subspecies "roleplayicus".

Easily identified, the species flock to online chatrooms and place on various displays of brilliance to attract rp mates.They are not monogamous creatures, bouncing from room to room, some being so bold as to 'court' other rp's simultaneously!

~LP~