All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey there, guys. The name's Min, but here it's Haushinka because this is the internet, goshdarnit, and I can call myself whatever I dang well please.

A few of you might know me as Mindscrew Min-Min on RoleplayGateway. To those who do, hi again! To those who don't, hi for the very first time!

I like a lot of things, including anything by Chuck Palahniuk, survival horror, social critique, and Portal. My musical taste is pretty much all over the place. Right now, my three favorite artists, in order, are Green Day, Styx, and Ke$ha.

I also dislike a lot of things, like sappy romance, sparkling vampires (actually, I'm pretty much not-okay with anything that sparkles, except guys at Pride parades and Ke$ha), foolhardy idealism, the newer cartoons, and Kashi cereal. I just can't eat it. I find it disgusting.

I've been roleplaying for four years now and writing for longer. My work has been published by Rogue Phoenix Press and 69 Flavors of Paranoia. If you're ever in the mood for dystopian urban fantasy, I'd be forever grateful if you'd give Peacebreakers a try.

Well, that's really all I have to say. It's very nice to meet you all!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

-waves for the first time-

Oh, hello darr D: I'unno you, but whatever~

And welcome to the home that is Creative Writing~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:50 am 

Blog: View Blog (6)

YUM. My god woman you sound like me! Published too, I am very, very impressed! *shakes hand!* How did you manage that one anyway? So many people aim for it, but so few manage, I'm curious as to what-makes-say-go.

Anyway, it's an absolute delight to meet you, a fellow urban fantasy person, ten points for that by the way, can't wait to see you about, maybe write alongside you in an rp some time! Do come and knock down my door at some point.

Take care and see you about!

xxx

Damn straight I'm good in bed! I could sleep for days! :3

Post subject: =]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm 
Savior

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hello and welcome to Creative Freedom. This is a wonderful paradise escape. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Everyone is a bit strange and crazy. Phantom has been doing a good job administering the meds though. *smiles calmly* if you would like to meet and greet some of the other members check out the chat any at the bottom of the index page. *looks at block nervously* phantom is supposed to give me my second dose of medicine so i have to make this quick. Er.. If you need any help or just want to chat PM me anytime. :) *glances at watch again* well i best be heading out. Toodles! *runs into the blinding light and vanishing before your eyes*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Welcome to Creative Freedom! Truly is awesome to have a published author numbering among our ranks as most of us here are in some form of another in writing a book of some sort. So having someone who is published gives us all a bit of hope that yeah it can be done =D Well please take a look around and get yourself familiar with the place if you need anything just ask.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:06 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

LOL, Mercy is right I try and keep everyone one their proper meds...... trust me you don't want to meet them without their meds! You will lose arms, legs..... and other body parts! Scary things happen! So me and Efer try to maintain some control..... at least for the newbies sake. Once you are in with us though and have done some posting well I can't do much for ya. lol Especially in the chat box at the bottom of the page, dangerous stuff goes on there. :P

Any way!! Welcome to the site glad you joined! So cool having someone who is published here! Great job! I am Phantom, I love music and writing and fooling around. :D About to start college in the fall to.... hm.... that should be interesting. Enough about me though! Get yourself comfortable and enjoy your stay with us!

Hope to see ya around!

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:30 pm 

Medals: 5
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Looks like you and me might become good friends for I hate the vampires created by Twilight.

And I think Twilight is just a piece of crap... Why do I have a feeling that may end up causing me trouble later?

3DS Friend code: 1762-3216-4894

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 pm 

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Im all out of good intros so HELLO And welcome, beware of the Soul reaper...and Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 am 

Oh wow, forgot to check back here. It's very nice to meet all of you! Anyway, to answer Jawbone-ashtray's question, it was a long, arduous process of sending about ten query letters a week to agents and small presses for about a year and a half, and being treated with rejections and non-responses. I actually kept every rejection I got, too. I like to think of them as medals of valor, even though it's probably unhealthy to think of the industry as a battleground. I think that's number 3 on the list of "5 mistakes not to make as a writer," but sometimes it takes war to push you forward, y'know?

...I'm totally not one of those weird, crazy writers, if you're wondering... *coughcough*

@ Zavyr darkeyes: probably because that series has a rabid fanbase that will beat you up and pour acid on you for bashing their Twiligion. Honestly, the book is just a piece of literature--it's the fans that are off their rockers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:22 pm 

-drags myself into the forum holding on to a random walking stick I stole from some old woman-
To... many... newbs.... about... to.... pass.... out...... BLAGH!!! -falls at your feet-

Hey, there... think you can give me a hand here? There're too many newbs in here and I think you're my last one for today... I hope.... >.>

Well, read my badge and my sig to see who I am and who I own.... yeah.. I'm too tired to protect my little Kabuto-kun right now but don't.... touch him... or I'll..... -falls asleep-

http://www.esnips.com/doc/69d5accf-4ac1-47fc-ab8c-d28c414ac673/Kabuto

Thanks to Ben, I don't even have to remind you. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

always a pleasure to have a new face around here. Congrats on having your works published, that is extremely impressive and inspiring. Anyways looking forward to RP'ing with ya soon!

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"