All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I've been told my intros can seem like "job resumes", so I tried to section things. I find much easier to work with someone if I actually have some idea of who they are, so forgive me if things are long winded.

My Posting and Writing Style: Need to Know Stuff

Probably the most important thing to know is I don‘t have a home connection, so I have to copy everything and work on my post at my offline home comp, then post the nest morning. I’ll probably post IC about 3-4 a week per character, with a perfrences in one on ones. My post generally range from three hundred to seven hundred words depending on the snitch, used to do a lot of purple prose, but I think I’ve worked on it well. And looking back at post when I started pbp roleplaying about four years ago, I think I've come a long way; bless Joe Edkin and TvTropes for that.

I'm not a fan of combat, and I'll try to avoid if necessary, as I'm more used to Soap Opera and Sit Com-esque things, so I may have some problems adapting at first. But granted, I have weakness for anything in the style of 70’s super robot cartoons. However, I've been told I'm good at planning straight from the get go- just by looking at two profiles I'm ussually able to instantly get ideas on how those two characters would interact with eachother and what dynamics and situations could be used to make things interesting.

And while I try to vary the types of characters I use, there are two things they all have in common. One, I have a either only using characters who have characters flaws that flow natural form their concepts, or have think of a few flaws first, working backwards. Two, I always try to leave a bit of grey area in all of them, they can all easily play hero or villain depending on the circumstance; I believe this not only adds a layer of adaptability to what they can do in the story, but also makes them seem a tad more realistic.

Personal Stuff (you can just skip this):

I’ve lived in a small Georgia (the state, not the country) town my entire life, in my senior year of higshcool, am going to soon venture out for a higher education. And in many ways I’m in a mayor cross roads in my life. For one, I’m realy trying to decide whether I want to try study theater or special education. And I’ve only just overcome a gender identity crisis, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I say the registration form.

But I guess if there is one thing I am sure of, and am proud to say, is that at nine years old I was professionally diagnosed with a form of high functioning autism called Asperger’s Sydnrome. Although it‘s made things for me very difficult socially, having to pick up what most people consider common sense. Being gay hasn’t exactly helped. Still, I feel that I am one of the luckier aspies, since I was diagnosed earlier, and at the same time as my own brother. I can, and will live a normal, independent life, and in that, the only real setback it has had on me was put me on a five year plan for high school, so I can have more time to have more time to mature and prove I can perform adequately without any assistance of a parapro. Here, you might not have any difficulties with me, but please be clear with me and especially patient

So, any questions?

Last edited by Invisiblehandyman on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 am 
Savior

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hello Handyman! I am Mercury. I also go by Mercy for short. I am what some here consider 'one of the crazies' but I seem to be pretty mellow since its a Monday. I'm glad you have made it to this site. It is really wonderful and you'll find that the members here are quite friendly.

If you have and 1x1 rps you wanna play I'm willing to give it a shot. Although I can be slow to reply myself sometimes. I can be very patient with you. As most of the other members too. Also if you ever have questions or need clarification you an ask anyone here. I would be glad to help and I hope to see you around the forums. :)

~Mercy

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Welcome to the role play site everyone dreams of, where creativity runs wild... along with the crazies. I'm usually on everyday because I have no life ^_^ well, except the weekends, but my friends that I usually hang out with will be moving soon, so that will probably change. Anyway, watch out for those crazies and enjoy yourself here!

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:45 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Hello and welcome to Creative Freedom! I am sure that you are going to fit in just nicely here, that intro more then proves that XB But yeah this is the place to be and the place to get the creative itch scratched and to enjoy yourself while letting your imagination roam about wild and free! Warning though your imagination may come back dirty and a bit 'used' but its surly to have a good time none the less. =D

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 pm 

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Hello! I'm Taylor but most call me Tay. I'm glad you found us we are a fun loving family on here so if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone most don't bite......hard=D lol. Anyway I would love to rp with you!! Once again glad you found us =)

forever and always,
~Taylor