Breaking free from the oppression of other roleplay sites, you step into the world of Creative Freedom where we strive to allow all who have a drive and a need for creativity to express themselves freely in the world of roleplaying.
Creative Freedom is a role-playing forum created on the 19th of February, 2007 by Eferhilda, who is currently our head administrator. The basic idea behind Creative Freedom is composed of several sets of assumptions which, when combined, form a theory. The first set of assumptions are:
1. People like to roleplay
2. Many of these people are over the age of thirteen
3. Violence, and swearing will not turn these people into inhuman monsters, nor will it cause their heads to explode
4. People over thirteen are perfectly capable of acting like adults without rules to make them
5. The age of roleplayers doesn't denote who is good and who is not. Some of the best writers can, in fact, be the youngest.
This first set of assumptions establishes the fact that you can run a roleplay forum with adult content and not be "contaminated." It is very possible to have a forum that caters to all ages and preferences and still be classy and professional. Imagine that. The second set of assumptions is:
1. Most people suck at writing
2. Some people don't
3. People who suck can get better
4. People who suck don't contaminate those who don't
5. People who are good at writing can help people who suck become better
6. People helping other people is much preferable to people excluding other people
This second set of assumptions establishes a second fact, which is that a supportive community of good writers can accept n00bs, befriend and teach them, and thus create more good writers. It's like renewable energy, except it's made of ideas and comes from people.
Together, these two sets of assumptions form the "Creative Freedom" theory. As applied to forum roleplaying, the Creative Freedom theory describes how to create a website where the members come together and run their own affairs peacefully under the benevolent dictatorship of a few good apples. At Creative Freedom, you will not be graded, rated, labeled, characterized, classified, defined, tagged, pigeon-holed, scape-goated, fenced-in, restricted, bound, chained, bottled-up, contained, curbed, or limited. We won't even make fun of you for using a thesaurus. No, our policy is that we are all very strange people, so we might as well be friends. We accept all forms of content from all kinds of people. Here is the one place on the internet that you can roleplay whatever the hell you want, and be part of a welcoming and supportive community in which we are all n00bs; where imaginations run wild and free.
Will you join us?